PDA

View Full Version : coil/ignitor issue?

ca18det_boy
07-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Alright here's the skibby....S14SR in an S13 chassis. Car ran perfectly fine initially. I threw in some 480cc S15 injectors and the car still ran alright aside from being on the rich side. Wired in an SAFC2 and Z32 MAF and all hell broke loose. The car seemed at the time to be running in limp mode, wouldn't easily go over 3k and took a full tank of gas to go 60 miles back to the house blowing smoke all over the place. So I was trying different IN/OUT settings to find out if that was messed up. Cylinder 2 completely filled with gas and temp hydro locked the motor. Once I got that all cleared up and out of the way I changed the plugs and tried figuring out the problem again. After awhile I pulled the plugs again to see what was going on. Cylinder 2 was getting more gas in there again. So with a thought of possibly 2 bad coils I switched the front 2 to the rear and vice versa. Since I don't really have the stuff to test the coils I got my buddy to pull the coils one by one till I noticed something. (BTW the car won't idle at all) He pulled 1+2 and there wasn't any difference in the idle, once he got to 3+4 car REALLY wanted to die. So coils on 3/4 are good, 1/2 no fire. Tried switching the ignitors with a known good one.....no change still not firing on cylinders 1+2.

So pretty much tested the MAF, coils, and ignitor...all good. Took the SAFC and MAF off (to put it in limp mode) no change. Any ideas?