PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Processor Installed / Found Bad RAM Module

West
07-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Last Sunday Mr Bob and I took down the Zilvia server for a bit to install new dual processor setup. We purchased two heatsinks for the server and after pulling everything apart we realized the heat sinks wouldn’t mount correctly due to the wrong sized screws, so I hauled ass over to the local computer shop and bought two more heatsinks for our processors. Well they didn’t work either but we found a way around it for now. We will have to bring the server down again in a week or so to correct the problem once we locate a OEM heatsink.

Upon installing some server management software we found we had a bad RAM module from one of the two 512MB modules. We removed both of them so we are back down to 2GB ram. Lucky for us we just upgraded with the other two 1GB modules.

You should notice a definite increase in load times. Although

We are saving for the 2nd server to split the loads, so please help us out and purchase a premium! Its only $10!

http://www.zilvia.net/index.php?page=premium

snatch13
07-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Nice! Buy premium memberships!!!

djsonic
07-06-2006, 07:22 PM
hey just want to let you know if you look on www.slickdeals.net on the main page or under forums>hot deals and www.gottadeal.com you can find great deals on ram. just check every few days and ull find a good deal
sean

sLiDewAys
07-10-2006, 08:49 AM
west,
is there any way for me to access my email. i have some verry important information in a few emails i need to obtain immidiatly that absolutly cannot wait. let me know man. this is important.

brandon
[email protected]

RJF
07-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Just fixed mail.