PDA

View Full Version : Engine harness from Manual into Auto Question...

tweekgt4
07-01-2006, 12:10 AM
I'm swapping the motor and 5-speed tranny from a 91 240SX into a 92 240SX that has a dead motor and automatic transmission. Engine and drivetrain is bolted up, clutch pedal in place, and I'm now working on the wiring harness. I removed the automatic tranny engine harness with ecu and will be using the manual tranny engine harness with ecu.

I didn't change the harness and fusebox after the brown and gray plugs by the coolant resevoir tank. Should I be swapping that, too? If I can use the automatic tranny fusebox and all else after, then the next question is...

I know there will be leftover plugs when using the Automatic tranny fusebox so, when I plug in whatever I see from the manual tranny engine harness, will that be enough?

Also, what do I do about the clutch switch. You know, stepping down on the clutch to start the car?

Thanks.

projectRDM
07-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Nothing on the underhood harness has to be changed. Folow any good writeup online and you're done in 30 seconds.

Clutch switch will not function unless you add the switch and a relay to interrupt the start signal. You don't need it anwyay.

And honestly, you wasted time swapping the engine harness. The auto harness would have worked fine and you could have sold the manual harness and ECU for some good coin.

tweekgt4
07-01-2006, 02:47 PM
I guess I'll just switch it back.

The harness wasn't hard to pull out since I was doing the motor.

Thanks!