PDA

View Full Version : HUD cluster to Analog. I SEARCHED!!

BayS13
06-28-2006, 02:32 AM
i searched but all i could find were people wanting to swap IN a HUD cluster but i want to totally get rid of it.

soooo my question is, in order to do that do i need to get a DOHC non hud dash harness and and swap it over? thankyou thankyou thankyou for your help friends.

and if you have one of the dash harness's let me know ;]

nrg
06-28-2006, 04:06 AM
yep, just get a non hud cluster harness and plug it all in.

mrmephistopheles
06-28-2006, 05:30 AM
then send the HUD stuff to me.

Irukandji
06-28-2006, 09:23 AM
Nooo Yusef i'll take the HUD cluster off your hands. In fact, I'll just trade you.

My car originally came with the HUD cluster but now I have analog.

Trade?

g6civcx
06-28-2006, 10:51 AM
The various signals coming into the cluster are the same. The difference between HUD and non-HUD is how the information is displayed to you. Theoretically the two units are interchangeable.

That said, there may be slight differences between each wiring harnesses with regards to options and trim.

At worst, get yourself an FSM and go through the wiring to check. Don't listen to these shady people who are trying to con you out of a HUD. You can send the HUD to me and I'll check out the wiring for you before you install it.

Irukandji
06-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Don't listen to these shady people who are trying to con you out of a HUD. You can send the HUD to me and I'll check out the wiring for you before you install it.

I don't know whats shadier, asking for a trade, or asking him to ship a hud to someone he's never met.

tre
06-28-2006, 12:43 PM
HUD clusters are VERY easy to fix. Hell my local nissan dealership does it for free. LOL Unles syou screwed something else up in it :P

But if you need the harness i pulle dit off my car before it went and got crushed

BayS13
06-28-2006, 01:50 PM
i threw the little pigtail hud thing away, cause im sick of flaky ass bay area people, but if you look at the back of a HUD cluster and a analog, the hud one has a different plug that wont fit the analog. they both have 2 plugs that look like they will fit, so if i only plug 2 of the three in will it still work like normal like you guys are saying?

'90RPS13
06-28-2006, 02:04 PM
I got a windshield display w/ pigtail but I dont have the cluster. I havent had the chance to look at the plugs but they arent the same? *a

BayS13
06-28-2006, 02:08 PM
nope the hud one has one different style plug on the back.

seanc
06-29-2006, 10:30 AM
hey i was wondering if it would be possible to keep the windshield display but have an analog cluster? thanks

buku_points
06-29-2006, 10:39 AM
is it possible to run a hud on a sr? i put it on my sr but it does not display speed? lose wiring or something or bad hud?

ManoNegra
06-29-2006, 12:05 PM
^ yes, make sure you get a DOHC HUD cluster with harness et al. and you're good to go. You may have an SOHC one, what year is your ride?