PDA

View Full Version : How Can these rims to fit on an s13?

southjrz240
06-20-2006, 08:51 AM
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=112352

i am new to this forum and yes i have done a very large amount of searching so please don't flame me b/c i know this is a very regularly touched subject. i came accross these rims here b/c i am currently looking for a rare/very nice/light rim. i am runnin outta things to do to my car and i've gotten obsessed w/ body work now. i just put on the s13 sil80 front and i love how the car is turning out, now time for rims. i wanna get some rims fitted (roll fenders ect ect)in the mean time until i head down to FL real soon to my unles shop to get her painted. does anyone have these on an s13? anyone have any pics?i am runnin silkroad coilovers and 300z brakes up front. i wouldn't mind doin a widebody in the rear to get these to work b/c i have a nice hookup in the bodyshop of course. anyways, thanks guys

rancid240
06-20-2006, 09:35 AM
theyll fit fine

the head
06-20-2006, 09:52 AM
in a +20 offset you should roll the fienders but you shouldnt have to pull them at all

the head
06-20-2006, 09:52 AM
in a +20 offset you should roll the fienders but you shouldnt have to pull them at all

southjrz240
06-20-2006, 10:00 AM
anyone know how much they weigh? i don't want to end up w/ anchor rims like the sport max's. Any pics on an s13? how is the ride too?

the head
06-20-2006, 10:03 AM
well they are 18s so they are not going to be feather light check the g-games website for weight (google is your friend)

southjrz240
06-20-2006, 01:04 PM
i tried finding out via google and didn't come up with anything, but yea i figured that they arn't light b/c then i woudl see them on everyones cars.. i am all about drag so they r just for show, but i don't want super heavy rims ya kno. i am kinda scared to get 18's. any s13's w/ 18's gimme some guidance here..? pics?

Frenzy13
06-22-2006, 02:12 AM
Personally I don't like the idea of 18 on my s13. There was a magazine that did a right up a little while ago (name of it slips my mind though.) he took a stock car and dragged it. Got his time, and then incrementally stepped up the wheel size. His times showed a huge decrease in 1/4 mile time once he got around 2 inches over stock. The thing is that no matter how light your rims are, you are going to have three inches of extra rotational mass. If you've got the type of money like what those rims are costing why not order up some custom wheels from Jline? They can do 16x10 with just about any offset you could want. Look into just having some wheels custom made for you. Try Auto RND's website. They're a sponsor here and had pretty good prices.

PS PLEASE, let's not turn this thread into a debate about wheel size. I just put in my 2 cents to help a zilvian out and don't want his thread jacked on this.

Thanks

Sil-Abc
06-22-2006, 02:25 AM
18x9 u will have rubbing issues in the front. i forget who but someone has 17x8.5 and its perfect like a couple of cm away from rubbing coils i believe? even if u camber it and rolled u will still rub. move on and get better fitted wheels cuz either way they will rub