PDA

View Full Version : S13 wiring mystery...

xsparc
06-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Ok I have a 89 chassis with a DE swapped into it already (dont know the year or the harness or ecu, but it is from a s13). Everything seems to work for the most part. The question i have is on the Main harness connctor (M53) to the EFI harness connector (F1). I thought that the 91-94 wiring was the same but ive seen 2 different pinouts for the connectors. Its all the same but with 1 pin being different.

G=GREEN R=RED B=BLACK W=WHITE Y=YELLOW L=BLUE O=ORANGE

G/R XX
B XX
XX XX
R XX
G/W XX
G/Y L/G
G/B Y/G
G Y/R
O XX

XX XX
B XX
XX XX
R XX
G/W XX
G/Y L/G
G/B Y/G
G Y/R
O XX

what i have

G/R XX
B XX
XX XX
R XX
G/W XX
G/Y L/G
G/B Y/G
G Y/R
O L/B

B is ground
R pin 24 on ecu
G/W is CLK for ecu
G/Y pin 44 on ECU (says to the defogger relay but in that schematic G/Y goes to the timer contr.)
G/B is RX for ecu
G is TX for ecu
O is +12v
L/G pin 41 on the ECU (says goes to Thermo Contr AMP, but in that schematic its not there)
Y/G is for the speedo
Y/R is for the tach

G/R goes to pin 23 of the ecu and the consult connector, ive seen it referenced as CHK.
L/B does not go to the ECU and i have no idea what it does.

Ayone have any ideas at all???? I really dont want to hand trace all the wires out to find out what they go to.

Now for the 89 side of the house i cant find a full diagram, i have ones for componants. The full diagram i have says its for a 200sx and the wire colors it lists dont match to what i have, plus i have 2 more than are in the diagram

Here is what i have

R/Y
G/L
Light G
Purple
G
Grey
B
L/G
Y/G
Y/R
L/B