PDA

View Full Version : Car wants to die (A/C)

tunedis95
06-11-2006, 11:58 AM
finally insalled ac....using JDM s13 air compressor and accessories. well i pluged in the signal from the chasis to the compressor and no luck...so i wired it st8 to a switch and now the ac works but when i pop the car into neutral it dies or idles around 500 rpm till i stop and then it pops pack up to 750 rpm....i tried wiring that chasis wire to the switch along with the compressor and no luck it made it worse....what can i do

tunedis95
06-12-2006, 12:38 PM
BTW this is on a 95 ka24de!!!

tre
06-12-2006, 12:46 PM
the car should correct for the load put on the engine when the AC pump is working. I dont know what controls what when it comes to this though :(

tunedis95
06-12-2006, 12:48 PM
thats what i'm looking for..i tried connecting the "what i thought was the remote wire" coming from the fron drivers side of the engine bay buy no luck

tre
06-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Check a wiring diagram. I'm sure if you do a search something will come upw ith a wiring diagram here

S13Eye
06-12-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm assuming you are using an SR20 with the JDM compressor. You will need to trace the signal wire, to the relay. On S13 SR, its pin 106 Green/Black, and it could be the same for other generations. Just check the wiring diagrams. The A/C clutch must be signaled by the ECU because it puts a lot of load on the engine, and thats why its stalling out. The engine needs prepare itself for this load by increasing the RPMs.

Edit: Also, the ECU needs to shut off the A/C compressor during WOT acceleration - for obvious reasons.

projectRDM
06-12-2006, 02:13 PM
From your post, you're saying you're using an S13 A/C compressor on a KA motor in a S14. If this incorrect, read what you've written and correct it. Your typing skills leave a shitload to be desired.

Whether it is correct or not, the IACV-FICD valve is not working if the engine isn't idling up when the compressor is engaged. Check/clean/replace it. I'm assuming that's your problem, however again I can't read ebonics or long run-on sentences so I'm not sure that's what you're asking.

S13Eye
06-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Whether it is correct or not, the IACV-FICD valve is not working if the engine isn't idling up when the compressor is engaged. Check/clean/replace it. I'm assuming that's your problem

He mentioned that he bypassed the ECU, and applied current dirrectly to the compressor clutch. This is why his RPMs were not increasing to support the load from the compressor. By the time the ECU figured out WTF was going on, the engine stalled out.

projectRDM
06-12-2006, 02:21 PM
He mentioned that he bypassed the ECU, and applied current dirrectly to the compressor clutch. This is why his RPMs were not increasing to support the load from the compressor. By the time the ECU figured out WTF was going on, the engine stalled out.

You must be more gifted than I am. I read it three times and didn't pick up on any of that.

tunedis95
06-14-2006, 06:44 AM
From your post, you're saying you're using an S13 A/C compressor on a KA motor in a S14. If this incorrect, read what you've written and correct it. Your typing skills leave a shitload to be desired.

Whether it is correct or not, the IACV-FICD valve is not working if the engine isn't idling up when the compressor is engaged. Check/clean/replace it. I'm assuming that's your problem, however again I can't read ebonics or long run-on sentences so I'm not sure that's what you're asking.

I have a 1990 nissan 240sx, with a 1995 ka24de motor and trans, and am using all the JDM S13 A/C components (condenser, lines, compressor...ect) THANX FOR BEING AN ASS!!!! AND THANK YOU EVERYONE ELSE FOR THE HELP!!!