PDA

View Full Version : Rocking noise in my gas tank

SRpetey
06-08-2006, 01:38 PM
I have an s13 hatch, when I first got the car their wasnt any noise. Then out of nowhere I started hearing a rocking noise in the gas tank. It sounds like if there is something hanging so when i stop you could hear like this rocking noise or something rolling inside. You could hear the sound when I am around1/4 on gas but when I am full you cant hear it anymore. and also when i fill up my tank you could smell the gas inside the car. Anyways my friend told me he had that same noise before he sold this car, I am guessing this is commen on a 240. If anyone had the same problem or know whats causing it please help, Thanx

GT2
06-08-2006, 02:15 PM
It's probably the tank baffling, the spot welds break over time and it comes loose inside the tank. This happened to my old s13, so I just took it out.

spdfreek0o
06-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Same thing happened/is happening to me. I'm to lazy to drop the tank so i'll wait. Good to know it wasn;t anything that important

tre
06-08-2006, 02:51 PM
It's probably the tank baffling, the spot welds break over time and it comes loose inside the tank. This happened to my old s13, so I just took it out.

Same here. Cept mine got caught ont he sensor and always read empty lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/SSRtre/gastank.jpg

khmerguy618
06-10-2006, 07:17 AM
Yeah, i got the same problem now as well, u can get a new tank from the yard or just rip out the baffles yeah?

SRpetey
06-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Thank alot guys, I look at it and you guys were right. Thanx again.