PDA

View Full Version : Hotshot & EGR

redpotatoes
06-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Got my Hotshot header (S14) installed yesterday night, bought a new EGR tube cause the old one had to be cut from the manifold. Everything is in place, exept the EGR. I had some fittings problems with ERG - Hotshot (tube). I had to bend the tube to make it fit in the hoshot. Now, the EGR bolts (2) don't align. I will have to bent the tube a little to make a perfect fit. I started the car in that state to see what it would do. The cars rev up to ~2000rpm, then bounce up and down a little and then halts. I also hear sort of a wisper(blowing) coming from near the disconnected EGR. I will try to install the EGR correctly with the gasket and everything tonight but I wanted to know if those symptoms where EGR related. If not well there is something else wrong.

Gearhead_42
06-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Don't sweat it... those tubes are a biatch to install, you're actually lucky to have a new one to work with. Oh, and with the tube off you'll have leaks (the whispering noise); get your gasket in place, make sure the tube is seated well in the header and you should be good to go.

redpotatoes
06-05-2006, 12:33 PM
And those leaks can make the car stall ? I guess cause this is the only thing I changed so...

Gearhead_42
06-05-2006, 12:53 PM
And those leaks can make the car stall ? I guess cause this is the only thing I changed so...

100%

Nothing makes a car stumble more than leaks in the intake tract after the MAF... you've got a leak (EGR port) right in the manifold, soooo... :hsdance:

redpotatoes
06-05-2006, 06:52 PM
header is now install without any problem.
thanks