PDA

View Full Version : SR won't start, possible defective ECU? *Pics*

Gramentz
06-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Picked up this ecu (62 redtop) from a member on zilvia because mine was toasted. (Swapped in a friend of mine's ecu to verify my original ecu was shot). I finally got this ecu in the mail and the car will not start, just keeps cranking. I know the wiring is good (brand new harness, and the car ran on another ecu). Before I plugged this ecu in, I noticed three of the external pins on the ecu, appeared to be corroded. I didn't think much of it until, like I mentioned, the car wouldn't start. I pulled off both covers and noticed more corrosion. I contacted the seller, and he believes the ecu is perfectly fine and that it ran a car just before he shipped it. In other words, he insists my problem lies within my wiring harness.

Does the ecu, in fact, look to be defective/bad/toast/fried?

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g100/bgramentz/Picture001.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g100/bgramentz/Picture005.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g100/bgramentz/Picture006.jpg

SoSideways
06-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Jesus Blair, how come all of your pics are so blurry?

You got the shakes? lol

Might have to let you borrow my camera and retake those photos! I might be going down to Palm Bay on Wed or Thurs, so if you aren't working I'll drop by and we can take some pics with my camera.

NIK90s13
06-03-2006, 11:24 PM
That ecu looks rough even as blurry as it is. Try to post a photo using the ''macro'' setting on the camera.

Gramentz
06-04-2006, 05:26 AM
I'll try and get better pictures then...you can kind of see the corrosion in these pics..

NIK90s13
06-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Yea it looks corroded, If, like you said, your friends ecu worked and this one doesn't, see if you can use your friends ecu again and positivly verify that it is the ecu not the harness, which is what it sounds like.

Hope you have a good friend!!!LOL

SoSideways
06-04-2006, 09:33 AM
Yea it looks corroded, If, like you said, your friends ecu worked and this one doesn't, see if you can use your friends ecu again and positivly verify that it is the ecu not the harness, which is what it sounds like.

Hope you have a good friend!!!LOL

It's not the harness because it was a brand new Nissan harness. $399 bye bye.

We plugged my ECU in and it took like 2 cranks and the car roared to life. What a brand new harness would do... [sigh]

Now if we can figure out why my car gets 2.5v across the battery cables (yes ladies and gentlemen, that's a 10v drop) with that white wire plugged into the red plug on the positive battery terminal (on an S13), then I can fix my shiz and drive over there and help you out :Owned:

Gramentz
06-04-2006, 11:13 AM
The old ecu that I had in there had small internal bubbleage, but it kept the car from firing. This ecu currently looks a llllllllot worse, and there is actually some rust coming out from connections on the board. I don't see how it is possible for this ecu to make the seller's car drive perfectly. The seller also lied about when he shipped my ecu, so I'm starting to lean towards a claim with paypal...