PDA

View Full Version : Question for those w/ silvia front and zenki lip

The Island
06-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Ok I have a question for those who have the stock s13 silvia front bumper with a zenki lip. How did you guys install the lip? I have mine and only two of the holes line up, the ones near the wheel well. Did any of you guys also come across this problem? Did yours line up correctly or did you have to drill new holes?

nismonster
06-04-2006, 04:46 AM
Hehe I have exactly the same problem. I have the Silvia Q's bumper and a Zenki lip. I am going to use the side brackets to attach it, drilling one hole in the fender, and stick whatever surfaces on the side I can with high quality 1" wide double-sided moulding tape. For the front I am going to also drill holes where the holes line up on the stock bumper when the Silvia lip is pushed where I like it, and possibly make one simple metal bracket. I think Im going to paint my lip black.

nismonster
06-04-2006, 04:48 AM
I tried to get specifics from others too with no luck, but I figured at least I trust my approach and it won't involve zip-ties.

radhaz
06-04-2006, 07:02 AM
I ended up drilling multiple small I think 1/8" holes in my bumper and zip tied the bumper in place, it took a lot of finessing to get it all lined up without "bowing out" on the bumper.

Nismonster, the reason we zip-tie the lip is you really don't want it firmly attached to the bumper if you eat a cone or scrape a pothole/speedbump somewhere and risk tearing off your bumper vice just the lip. While I admit zip-ties are a slippery slope to ghetto-fabulousness they are sometimes ideal for specific applications so use them at your own discretion.

!Zar!
06-04-2006, 09:46 PM
You have to drill new holes.

The Island
06-04-2006, 10:57 PM
thanks for the suggestions guys.