PDA

View Full Version : running perfect??

SignalAutodrifter_D
06-02-2006, 12:40 PM
i was wondering..when i drive my car it doesnt feel like an SR...i was wondering if you guys can give me some trouble shooting techniques to figure out whats wrong..

my boost gauge reads 7-8 psi when im boosting..but iono if im getting that boost any where because i dont feel the kick back of the turbo....its like all noise with no go...like i would take it up to 4-5 RPM and i would hear the BOV go off, and the boost gauge going up...but it doesnt put me back in my seat..

it feels like a honda sounds fast but slow......

please help

SignalAutodrifter_D
06-03-2006, 09:45 AM
anyone?? please help..

SpeedMonkeyInc
06-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Where is your boost gauge reading from?

What have you checked already? How is the car running otherwise? Normal, bad?

cosil8e
06-03-2006, 02:06 PM
something similar to this happended to me once and the wastgate actuator c-clip popped off.

k2fender
06-03-2006, 04:48 PM
something similar to this happended to me once and the wastgate actuator c-clip popped off.
Happened to me too, but if his boost gauge is hooked up right it wouldnt even be getting into boost. Check the c-clip, and if it is off fix your boost guage.

EchoOfSilence
06-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Did you break it in? Also white smoke...usually sign of coolant. What headgasket did you use. As far as the power, double check your mechanical and ignition timing.

I'd look into this.

Devilstar
06-03-2006, 09:31 PM
possible a slippin clutch?

SignalAutodrifter_D
06-03-2006, 10:03 PM
thanks for the help guys...

my boost gauge is reading from the hose i have connected to the BOV from the throttle body. the hose is connect to the top of the throttle body from the second fitting or nipple from the left. i T'ed it off from there...

the car is running perfect..i mean it idles great..at about 500-700 RPM....it drives fine when im not in boost..doesnt feel like there are any problems at all..just when i step on the gas and go past 3000 RPM i enter boost and i dont feel a pull at all...but i can hear it boosting...and my gauges are reading boost..i just dont know where it went..doesnt feel anything is happening..

im in the stages of breaking it in now..i havent gone past 5000 RPM yet..i am using a cometic head gasket....

and my clutch is pretty much brand new so i dont think my clutch is slipping....

so further information and help would be great..i will check the actuator tonight...

could this be my turbo?? or my actutor?? that is having problems.....

i check timing and that is on...

Nizzan4u2nv
06-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Check your compression and leakdown test it? Maybe a t25 just isnt enough for you. After you break it in, turn up the boost a little and see how that goes. Maybe youre expecting too much for 7-8psi on a t25. What other mods do you have?

BTW, didnt know if you had a t25 or t28 so i just assumed since it wasnt mentioned.

SignalAutodrifter_D
06-04-2006, 03:03 AM
yea i think i wil check compression and do a leak down test.....and its not that im expecting to much..its just that a regular sr20det on stock boost feels like you have a turbo and that you get pushed back in your seat a lil...

and mine..none of that..feels like a NA with boosting noise and a bov..

i have a T25 stock turbo, steel braided lines, meagan racing exhaust manifold, greddy oil pan, greddy rocker arm stoppers, greddy down pipe, 3 inch straight pipe, 3 inch full catback, new oil pump, cp pistons .20 oversized, new bearings, and i think thats it.

and me blowin out white smoke every once in a while...is that really bad...???

SignalAutodrifter_D
06-04-2006, 11:19 AM
and i did check my actuator c clip..its still intacted..

i also found oil all over my spark plug in the number 2 cylinder..is that the reason i could be blowin that smoke every once and awhile/???

Devilstar
06-04-2006, 07:57 PM
sounds like a bad ring.. time for a compression check..

street_white180sx
06-04-2006, 11:55 PM
2 things i can think of check fuel pressure and check your timing. low fuel delivery can make a car fall flat when in boost. and it doesnt have to exactly break up for it too run bad. also sr are not exactly fast on 7 pounds i run 12 everyday and i doubt i will go back to 7 again its depressing.

Tex Willer
06-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Timing set too low will give you lots of turbosound, red manifold and no power.

fliprayzin240sx
06-05-2006, 02:07 AM
Yups double check your ignition timing. With SRs not making power, Timings usually the culprit.

SignalAutodrifter_D
06-05-2006, 10:04 AM
ok thanks guys!!