PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Slipping

boostdeliquent
06-02-2006, 04:25 AM
My clutch is slipping and I am nearly positive I need to adjust the bolt on the pedal but I looked under the dash and couldn't seem to find it. Would anyone mind taking a pic and posting it up w/ an arrow pointing to the bolt. Thanks.

I have a S13 BTW

nismonster
06-04-2006, 04:51 AM
How does that relate to a slipping clutch?

nismonster
06-04-2006, 04:52 AM
It doesnt release?

TURBI
06-04-2006, 07:38 AM
If the pedal was set too far out the clutch won't compress completely. This just happened to my s13 last week but now it's set to compress at 1/4. Sorry I don't have any pics, but if you use a flash light you could see it easily.

boostdeliquent
06-05-2006, 02:25 PM
K, Thanks for the info.

fliprayzin240sx
06-05-2006, 05:50 PM
K first off, your saying its slipping cuz you thinks its preloadiing. Preloading happens when your foots off the clutch pedal but the cylinder is still pushing, making the clutch stay semi-engage.

First figure out if you have any play on your clutch. Just drive around and feel where you can feel the clutch engage/disengage. It should be halfway fully depressed, maybe a bit higher but not all the way up. If you look underneat, behind the clutch pedal. There is a shaft, you can turn that shaft with a pair of pliers after you loosen the retaining nut on it. Turn it clock wise a couple of full turns, then feel your clutch again.