PDA

View Full Version : couple sr questions

s13cruzer
06-11-2002, 05:42 PM
what happens to your gauge cluster when they do the swap , do they change that as well ?, because obviously your going to be travelling faster , and off that note do they put in the rev/speed cut-off that japan has(if they have one) or is it a limitless badass motor , thanks for anyhelp had a couple other curiousities but can't think of them right now

Mike

srJOEYdet
06-11-2002, 06:16 PM
First off, when who does the swap? And the only problem with the american gauges is that the tach signal fromt he japaneese ECU wont drive the american tach, so you have to get an aftermarket, or stock japaneese tach. The rev/speed limiter is a program in the ECU, JWT can retune it for you, or you can buy one from them that wont have the limiters on it. But I believe it comes with them on the Jap ECU.

Kid Zelda
06-11-2002, 06:27 PM
89-90 tach doesn't work with the sr, 91-94 does. Or use the SR stock cluster.

DuffMan
06-11-2002, 07:14 PM
SR's are still limited but I think the limit is a bit higher like 125 mph.

Jeff240sx
06-11-2002, 11:13 PM
Sr20detperformance.com has a speed cut remover.  It is 119 I think, and they are an offshoot of Enjuku Racing, so they are good people to deal with.  It's cheaper than a JWT ecu.
-Jeff

rotaryknight
06-12-2002, 12:05 AM
You use the speed sensor from your KA tranny and put it in the SR tranny so it reads MPH not KPH.  I decided to leave the KPH and run the KPH cluster for the hell of it.

Also HKS makes a SLD (Speed Limit Defencer) for the 240sx also.

dmoffitt
06-12-2002, 06:31 AM
so, does the JDM car have a very different guage cluster? or is just mph vs kph (one bigger than the other, or one instead of the other)?  i know w/, for example, Civic Type-R (JDM) vs Civic (USDM) you get quite a different setup... how about the Silva / 240sx?

riot
06-12-2002, 09:12 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dmoffitt @ June 12 2002,07:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so, does the JDM car have a very different guage cluster? or is just mph vs kph (one bigger than the other, or one instead of the other)? i know w/, for example, Civic Type-R (JDM) vs Civic (USDM) you get quite a different setup... how about the Silva / 240sx?</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Same thing...slightly higher rpms on the tach with adjusted 7,500 red line and speedo is in KPH

-ryan

s13cruzer
06-12-2002, 03:02 PM
ok thanks guys , so i can just get a stock jap cluster put in?? but i don't want to be driving in kmh i want mph , and i'm aving a shop do it cz i don't have the time , so do i just tell them to do that or put on an aftermarket tach??