PDA

View Full Version : S13 Silvia Foglight Problems

The Island
05-28-2006, 10:59 PM
ok so here it goes. first of all, when I had the pop-up headlights I did the cheap sleepy eye mod, by cutting the brown wire connected to headlight motor buttong by the steering wheel. I don't know if this affected anything but it might be useful in the diagnosis of my problem.
i installed my silvia front end, with brick style headlights, last week. i didn't know how to tackle the headlight wiring so I just wired up my high and low beams because those were a no brainer.
I then wired up my fogs a few days later. I wired them using the brown and black wires that were used originally for the motors. Everything was cool except for the fact that I could not turn them off or on by using the headlght button by the steering wheel, even though I DID take out the headlight relay from the fusebox.
So yesterday, I got around to figuring out how to wire up the bumper turn signals. I replaced the bulbs that came with the silvia bumper with the bulbs from my zenki bumper. BUT, after I got those plugged in and ready to go, MY DAMN FOGLIGHTS WENT OUT!
So in conclusion. I have everything wired up correctly. The highs and lows work. My bumper turn signals work. My corner/city lights work. But my foglights dont. So does anyone know how I can fix my foglights?

WILDACEX187
05-28-2006, 11:09 PM
i didnt know brick headlights had fogs. anyway i did the same cut the wire sleepy eye thing. when i wired my fogs to the retractor harness it was good. they turned on and off with the headlights. i should put back the relays that u took out if any. u wont be able to control the fogs through the pop up button but they will turn on with the lowbeams.

The Island
05-29-2006, 02:07 AM
as far as my foglights( well the inner lights with the bricks) not working, could it possibly be because i was rewiring them while the headlights were turned on? could it just possibly be a blown bulb? but that wouldnt make sense being that both of them dont work. maybe a bad connection? a short? god my car is pissing me OFF!

The Island
05-29-2006, 11:10 PM
bump. can anyone help me please?

iRun
06-01-2006, 12:34 PM
no.

paint your car.

The Island
06-01-2006, 05:22 PM
i'll paint my car when you get yours back. lol

BRB26
06-06-2006, 05:16 PM
no.

iRun, is yours that blue sil eighty in carson?

bo2o
02-25-2008, 05:00 AM
your running projectors haha.

but you might of blown a fuse. juss check them all out.

wen you pull the relay it allows u to control the fog on and off no matter what. lights on or off it will still work

but u can forgot to turn them off when you leave your car.

this works good if you have bricks because they dont have fog its more like a 2nd highbeam for bricks aux light i think its called.

juss plug in the wires leave the relay who cares about turning it on and off. haha

g6civcx
02-25-2008, 07:33 AM
There are a total of 4 headlight relays. Search my post.

If you really want the retractor button to turn the foglamps on and off independent of the headlamps, you need to remove all 4 and hardwire 2 of them.

For specific details search my post.