PDA

View Full Version : modding a CA18DET

C-unit
05-28-2006, 10:23 PM
hi, i just purchase a 1989 silvia PS13 coupe recently, car is waiting to shipped in japan. before the car arrives, i would like to get all my parts and install them right away once i get the car. anyways, i am planning to make around 230rwhp for the CA18DET.
here is the info of the engine: 60,000km, no oil leaks, no mods done, pure stock engine, even intake and exhaust are stock.(so i assume i dont need a rebuild)
here are my plans
S14 turbo
greddy emanage
3inch down pipe, cat back
blitz cone intake
r32 gtst fuel pump
blitz bov

are those enough to acheive my goal?? and can i stick with my SMIC??? cuz it seems like i willl decrease the throttle response if i go fmic, and perhaps, i am not running big boost..so will it be fine??
THX

mrmephistopheles
05-29-2006, 03:10 AM
FYI, CA18 Silvias are just 'S13's SR20 Silvias are PS13s.
If you get a bigger turbine, you'll want larger injectors unless you're planning on blowing the motor.
I'd recommend a FMIC. If you get a reasonable sized core, throttle response won't suffer badly.
As far as your motor, don't count on it being shiny and pristine.
A 60k km '89 K's Silvia is a needle in a haystack. I wouldn't be shocked if it a.) had way higher km'age or b.) was a Q's with a mystery mileage K's motor swapped in.

alexchanman
05-29-2006, 02:27 PM
it would be better if you had a fmic but the smic is rated to about 300 hp i think. upgrading to larger injectors will also help too.

C-unit
05-29-2006, 02:47 PM
oh, okok, so i guess i need to upgrade the injectors too, but wht size will be suitable 400cc? is that too much? I know the correct mileage cuz the car only has one owner in japan, and i have all the service record from nissan which recorded the mileage. unless the documents are fake from my exporter, i think they should be real.......I also heard that it is ok to boost 1bar on a stock motor, with the correct tunning, how many hp can i have with this set up at 0.9 bar(sry, i dunno how does psi works..) thx

boosteds13
06-10-2006, 11:54 PM
it would be better if you had a fmic but the smic is rated to about 300 hp i think. upgrading to larger injectors will also help too.
LOL, not even close. The SMIC is good to about 200HP... if that.

c-unit, as far as the stock turbo is concerned, the most effective boost you will get out of it is 12psi (or about .8 bar). The stock injectors are fine if you are dealing with the stock turbo. On the stock turbo and stock injectors, with other typical mods such as intake and exhaust, you can expect anywhere from 170-200whp depending on the condition of the motor.