PDA

View Full Version : 5 speed swap probs

tdawg88
05-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Ok got the tranny in. Cant start the car. Tried looking for the relay spoken or referenced to in the swap thread. I have no relay box next to my batt that regards a "start while in park" relay. I do however on the opposite side have a relay box that has a N&P Clutch relay. Is that the one to tap? Either way, how is the tap done exactly? there are 4 holes to the wires so which ones do I tap into? Also about grounding it? do I connect a 3rd wire onto it and then to the body of the car? Help me out ASAP thanx

Tenchuu
05-26-2006, 06:11 PM
i am assumeing that you have a 240sx correct? the next question is is it s S13 or an S14 the year would help. if it is a S14 i can tell you rigth off. Drift Freaq had a FAQ written up here on S13 here:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=21181

tdawg88
05-26-2006, 07:28 PM
no its an s13, and apologies to the mod who got mad at me for posting in 2 sections. Im working on the car so an immidiate response is more what I was going for. Irregardless of which, I can get the car to crank at all. I connected all the wiring and sensors that were once on the car and the car wont even crank now. Any ideas what could be the problem or issue? The Driftfreak guide does me no good because its for an s14 and I still dont see which is the harness or wire I need to tap.

tdawg88
05-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Anybody here got any insight? If so please hit me up. Thanx a bunch

jim1234664
05-27-2006, 09:36 AM
its not a fuse or relay inside of the box next to the battery, its two wires that run under the box. the wires both go into the same plug and i believe that one is white with black stripe, simply cut the plug off and connect the two wire together

tdawg88
05-28-2006, 01:06 AM
its not a fuse or relay inside of the box next to the battery, its two wires that run under the box. the wires both go into the same plug and i believe that one is white with black stripe, simply cut the plug off and connect the two wire together

OK I did that, and figure once jumped, car should start or atleast crank? but nothing. My question now is, which is the neutral or parking sensor so the car will crank? I cant find it. This really sucks

SiI40sx
05-28-2006, 03:17 AM
have u tried clutch popping your car?? put clutch in roll the car up to like 5-10mph then quickly let go of the clutch while turning the key and giving it gas. Basically instead of the starting turning the crank, the tranmission (being turned by the roll of the car) moves the crank

jdm538
05-28-2006, 04:46 AM
there should be a female plug beside the box that is 2 prong, loop it.

tdawg88
05-28-2006, 09:52 AM
there should be a female plug beside the box that is 2 prong, loop it.

Ok did that, but no crank! I turn the key n no response. Also sorta did the pop clutch thing except instead of rolling it, I hotwired the starter. That didnt cut it either. Car will start if I hotwire it, but Im trying to do it as the write up entails. Anyone in the San Francisco Bay area got one of this Convertible or Auto to manual swaps who can show me their wiring?