PDA

View Full Version : Good choice? Turbonetics T3T4 .48 .57 trim

azn1028
05-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Turbonetics T3T4 .48 .57 trim. for either my 93 dohc KA24DE or my sohc 90.. not sure yet, but my question is, do i need an external wastegate and how much power can i expect on stock internals? what's a good boost for dd? and what's safe max on stock internals? thanks and damn.. cant believe i never knew about this board..

boosteds13
05-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Turbonetics T3T4 .48 .57 trim. for either my 93 dohc KA24DE or my sohc 90.. not sure yet, but my question is, do i need an external wastegate and how much power can i expect on stock internals? what's a good boost for dd? and what's safe max on stock internals? thanks and damn.. cant believe i never knew about this board..
If I am guessing right, you are saying it has a .48 A/R turbine housing and a 57-trim compressor wheel. Couple things-- I would at least get a .63 A/R turbine housing and avoid the 57-trim. It surges like a mofo and isn't really efficient unless you're running 20+ psi. Honestly, I would just look for a T3/T04E 50-trim with a .63 A/R backside. It would give you good response and be able to put you a little over 400whp.

EDIT: The amount of HP you can run on the stock internals limited by how good of a tune you have. There are some KA's that blow up making 250whp and others that hover around 400. I probably wouldn't exceed 15psi on a 50-trim on the stock internals (which should get you somewhere in the vicinity of 320hp). But I don't like to speculate.

fliprayzin240sx
05-25-2006, 12:30 AM
Like stated, it all depends on the tune and the condition of the engine. Personally, I still dont trust the ringlands no matter wut everybody say. Id swap the pistons atleast in order to make more than 300hp. Id say for that size turbo, 10 psi tops with a good tune. But to give you an idea, most Turbo Kits for the KA that uses a T3/4 pushes roughly 7 psi stock.

RBS14
05-25-2006, 12:34 AM
.48 A/R hotside is fine. It will offer a much faster spoolup over the .63. It won't make as much top end power, but that's your decision to make. I'd go with a 50 trim too. Or better yet get an AMS GT32. It's a .63 A/R hotside, 50 trim compressor housing, with GT series wheels in it. So you get the wicked spool of a GT, and the absolute power capabilities of the regular T series. I've got the GT32 and a buddy has a turbonetics .63 hot, 50 trim and it definately spools later. Just food for thought.