PDA

View Full Version : Kill switch

NichiSan
06-10-2002, 06:21 PM
Hey,

I want to put a kill switch on my 91 fb. Somebody suggested I put one on the fuel pump wires. I was wondering where do I find those wires in the car. Any other suggestions regarding a kill switch are appreciated.

thanks,
NichiSan

DuffMan
06-10-2002, 06:46 PM
Well the obvious way would be to find the fuel pump fuse in the fuse box under the hood, trace a wire coming out of it and splice in the switch there.

gh6o6
06-10-2002, 07:47 PM
do it in linewith the starter from the key in steering coulmn
oh and hide the switch well
try not to let your frieds see it/dont brag about what you did

KAMRAN
06-13-2002, 12:24 PM
hey i would also like to installa kill switch.. im pretty new to all this.. what color would the wire by starter key be??

s13rookie
06-14-2002, 01:02 AM
a buddy of mine rigged up a cool system,  im not exactly sure how he did it, but if you want to know i can find out.  any way he had a detach face deck, he somehow rigged up a relay to, i think, the "eng cont" fuse so that the relay would only allow power to the fuse if the stereos face and power(not talking about the constant wire) was activated, by turning it on.  thankfully no scum ever tried to steal his car or system, but it was a novel idea

bbp
06-14-2002, 06:33 AM
If you get a ignition kill switch at summitracing or something like that, you can wire into the positive lead of the battery.  On the S14 there is a bunch of electrical connections just off the terminal.  Get a long piece of battery cable run it into the cock pit or whever you want your switch.  I wouldn't reccommend shutting the car off with the switch when it is running, can damage the alternator and possibly the ECU.

NichiSan
06-14-2002, 07:40 AM
I still believe the fuel pump is better than the starter or the battery. If the car doesn't crank the thief will realize this is some kind of anti-theft system and might feel inclined to see what's all about. If you interrupt the wires to the fuel pump, the car will start and soon thereafter will shut down and will stay down.

KAMRAN
06-14-2002, 12:14 PM
hey check this website out

http://www.miata.net/garage/killswitch.html

in my s14 i see a switch that goes to the clutch... theres two geen wires one with white stripe the other.. i think red or black.. i forget.. how would that work? will the car not start? or will the clutch just not work.. i'd like to use the lighter as a switch

KAMRAN
06-14-2002, 02:14 PM
no one has answered what color the wire would be.. i herd it is also located behind the backseat with the wiring harness..