PDA

View Full Version : Inner/outer tie rods?? Choices choices (help)

RalliartRsX
05-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Well, it seems my inner/outer tie rods are shot and I have been on the net searching for the past few days to figure which fits my needs. Car is mostly daily with sparse auto-x. Did some searching and I noted a few things:

1) It seems the aftermarket ones favour drift setup of having adjustability in mainly steering angle
2) The after market ones are mostly thicker (I think 14mm, but not sure, for most)
3) The S14 can be interchanged with the S13 but not vica versa
4) Not all aftermarket outer ends are compatible with the inner (rods) threads.

Now, with all these, I havent come a good conlusion. The car is definately not going to see any drifting anytime soon (if ever) so I dont think I need the adjustability of the steering angle. But, at the same time, most of the replacement versions (quality ones atleast) are just a few dollars less, so why not spring the extra cash for something reinforced (aftermarket) which I wont be worrying abot for a while??

Any recommendations from you folks?? I need to get em in here by the end of the week to install

DP_Michelle G
05-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Tien Just Dont Use The Spacer

RalliartRsX
05-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Uooooo, quick answer :D

Thats what I was secretly settling with (between Teins and Moog). Thanks. But, why is that your choice??

Anybody else??

projectRDM
05-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Tein is a good upgrade from OE while keeping the grease type bushing instead of going full pillowball. It's also very conservatively price compared to OE parts.

Creizai
05-23-2006, 12:03 PM
You can find Tien on ebay for like 150$ Inner and ends.

D1champ
05-23-2006, 12:09 PM
I went with OEM 300ZX inner/outer combo

gearhead290
05-23-2006, 12:12 PM
ordered some new Moog inner and outter tie rod ends for an S14 from work...$100, then spent $.08 on a pair of lock washers for more "angle"