PDA

View Full Version : sr acting funny (wont start)

93sr20240
05-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Hi I just put in a sr in my 93 hatch and in the fuse box on passanger side the oval grey plug that has the one black wire with yellow stripe that you are suppose to connect with white wire I do that and it dont do anything then the other end of that plug that goes to the sr wire harness has a black with white stripe and white wire I connect the together to and it does nothing but if I toch the white wire coming from the fuse bow the black/white stripe wire the motor turns over but dont start any comments helpfull thanks

wiggerman
05-21-2006, 05:29 PM
well check your basics, you need fuel, spark and compression, assuming compression is fine check for spark and fuel one of those 3 isnt there otherwise it would be starting

Markovich
05-28-2006, 09:01 PM
do you hear your fuel pump come on? its suppose to run for 3 seconds then shut off if fly wheel isnt spining. then if it isnt rewire the plugs at the battery... make sure all of your grounds are hooked up on the coil pack harness happend to me burnt two coils$$$ make sure you have everything hooked up and is correct before starting
hope you firgure it out
peace
~sr20 powered