PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my s13 problems.(revs&brake lights)

driftskeetka24e
05-21-2006, 02:17 PM
So my car will not rev past 5k, what could be the cause of this?

Also my center brake lights are on regardless of braking or not but only when my lights are on. So when my lights are off my brake lights work fine. But when my lights are on the center brake lights are on non stop while the outside ones work. So please help me out.

Thanks in advance i hope i am clear enough with my problems if not ask questions please.

driftskeetka24e
05-23-2006, 04:08 PM
can anyone help me out ive tried injector cleaner and that hasnt helped and checked my maf connection

but can anyone help me out or give me sugestions please!

ALTRNTV
05-23-2006, 04:24 PM
About the lights, are the bulbs double filament, or just one?

driftskeetka24e
05-23-2006, 07:31 PM
the bulbs are double filament. hope you can help me now

g6civcx
05-23-2006, 08:04 PM
The third high-mount brake light should only be on when you are braking. It should not come on with parking lights.

You most likely wired it wrong. I think you inadvertently hooked the third brake light to the parking light signal. When the parking lights are on, power is sent to the the brake light. When the parking lights are off, it works normally. The parking lights signal is overriding the brake signal.

Check the wiring to the brake light.

FRpilot
05-23-2006, 08:19 PM
i have a weird problem also.. seems like my third brake light never turns on even when braking. only the regular brake lights come on. i figure it cant be the wiring since the third brake light is connected by an interior harness that ive never touched but the regular brake lights work.. must be the bulbs out

g6civcx
05-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Check bulbs.

driftskeetka24e
05-23-2006, 09:37 PM
The third high-mount brake light should only be on when you are braking. It should not come on with parking lights.

You most likely wired it wrong. I think you inadvertently hooked the third brake light to the parking light signal. When the parking lights are on, power is sent to the the brake light. When the parking lights are off, it works normally. The parking lights signal is overriding the brake signal.

Check the wiring to the brake light.

dude its not my brake light on the hatch...its the center brake lights and it was workin and i havent messed w/ my wiring so any other suggestions. also they work fine either off or on when my lights are off but if my lights are on either headlights or parking lights the outside brake lights are dim and light up when i brake but the center brake lights look like im braking 24/7

any other suggestoins?

thanks

Phlip
05-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Make sure you have the correct bulbs in all positions, that seems to be the most frequent encountered problem

driftskeetka24e
05-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Make sure you have the correct bulbs in all positions, that seems to be the most frequent encountered problem

my shit was working fine and it just started doing this...i checked the bulbs they are all good

so any other suggestions

also any suggestoins on my engine not revving past 5k?

thanks

driftskeetka24e
05-24-2006, 09:05 PM
so heres some pix and more info to help out
lights off no braking: ( no lighting )
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/threesix36/240sxbrakelights001.jpg
lights off braking: ( only outside lights )
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/threesix36/240sxbrakelights006.jpg
lights on no braking: ( lights on, outside dim inners bright )
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/threesix36/240sxbrakelights002.jpg
lights on braking: ( everyting lit up )
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/threesix36/240sxbrakelights005.jpg

probably bulbs right?

g6civcx
05-25-2006, 02:52 AM
The inner lights should work the same as the outer lights. Your outer lights are working correctly from what I can see.

Did you recently rewire the taillights? It looks like you have the wiring wrong for the inner bulbs. I think you hooked up the brake signal to the wrong filament, and I don't think you hooked up your parking signal at all.

Looking vertically at the inner taillight harnesses on both sides, it should go Red/Blue for parking, Red/Green for braking, and Black for ground. Check that first. Most likely you have it backward on your body harness.

I also noticed that your center brake light doesn't work. Check that before you get a ticket.

driftskeetka24e
05-27-2006, 02:07 AM
can u get a ticket for that not working? cuz it is gone now i just shaved it today

IAM_SO_sLOw
05-27-2006, 02:13 AM
^^
you can if the cop wants to be a dick about it

kouki_s14
05-27-2006, 02:27 AM
cop prolly wont even notice it's not there
are washington police even that anal?
they might just think its a ford probe or something

driftskeetka24e
05-27-2006, 11:29 PM
well once it is shaved there is no evidence of it being there so impossible to get a ticket for something that doesnt work thats not even there

street_white180sx
05-28-2006, 08:32 AM
hey for ya car not being able to rev past 5 grand check fuel pressure. your fuel pump might be on the way out

g6civcx
05-28-2006, 03:20 PM
well once it is shaved there is no evidence of it being there so impossible to get a ticket for something that doesnt work thats not even there

If the cop is stupid then it won't even be noticed, but if the cop is out for justice that's a violation of federal law. The worst case would be they'll impound the car until you show up to claim it with a new hatch with high-mounted third brake light.

I don't think they'll notice though.