PDA

View Full Version : Redtop in S14, Hard to start up..

dog3gtr
05-19-2006, 01:30 AM
I swapped Redtop in S14, and it's hard to start up..

The longer I have not used the car, it's harder to start..

If I try to start, it tries to start hard, but just not starting..

If I give gas.. it's little better I guess..

When I was having KA, there was no problem..

Any guess guys?

Ugly_s14
05-19-2006, 03:33 AM
Give us a little more information on your swap. What year s14, what year redtop, automatic, 5spd, etc, etc...

dog3gtr
05-19-2006, 11:42 AM
I have '95 S14 5spd..

and then I put Redtop.. w/ like 50k miles on it..

Swapped most of parts from the clip including SR20DET stock radiator and intercooler etc..

But I keep all KA24DE A/C components..and fuel pump.. battery..

That's about it..

The thing is it's not that it's hard to start at cold..
it's like the longer the car sits, the harder it starts..

NIK90s13
05-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Don't you have to have a different fuel pump with the sr? Check the ''serch'' for sr swaps , or am I wrong on the pump?

If I'm right than that's where I'd start. If it is the wrong pump it wont supply enough fuel to run the car.

TibDrifter
05-19-2006, 12:34 PM
doest it drive well at cold weather and gets rougf at warm engine, I would check the ECT sensor, swap the ka to the sr. Good luck

Ugly_s14
05-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Don't you have to have a different fuel pump with the sr? Check the ''serch'' for sr swaps , or am I wrong on the pump?

If I'm right than that's where I'd start. If it is the wrong pump it wont supply enough fuel to run the car.

So you're trying to tell this guy that he cannot run his SR20 with the fuel pump provided in the USDM 240sx? :hammer:

The stock KA fuel pump is just fine for an SR. It'll start the car, it'll run the car, it'll make gobs of power. Upgrades are good but not necessary.

dog3gtr
05-19-2006, 06:19 PM
I have both ECT sensor, one for the ecu and one for the guage, as KA ones..

I don't think it's related to ECT sensor..

anyother guess?

Goinsleeper
05-19-2006, 07:54 PM
how is your battery? do you have anything connected that saps power when the car is off? is the battery grounded well? is the starter grounded well? just a couple of ideas. mine had problems starting every now and again until i changed the starter ground, now it doesnt have any probs. the fuel pump isnt a problem unless its just having a short life. i dont know if i would say 'gobs or power' but it can easily start and run the sr. you might try leaving the key in the 'accessories' position until the fuel pump cuts off then starting the car. just throwing out some random ideas. good luck man

NIK90s13
05-20-2006, 07:22 AM
So you're trying to tell this guy that he cannot run his SR20 with the fuel pump provided in the USDM 240sx? :hammer:

The stock KA fuel pump is just fine for an SR. It'll start the car, it'll run the car, it'll make gobs of power. Upgrades are good but not necessary.

That is what I was asking, I have the ka, I was trying to remember what Ive read, thanks for clearing it up, I knew you could up grade it i wasn't sure if you had to. Sorry for miss leading any one. I appreaciate the correction without flaming me to pieces!!!!:D

fliprayzin240sx
05-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Do the usual checks...do you have spark and fuel? Who did the wiring? Voltage wise, SR dont like to start with less than 10v so if your batterys low on juice it wont start. also, double check your fuel lines. Make sure you didnt intall them backwards. If you have the line coming from the fuel filter connected to the FPR, then you have it backwards

dog3gtr
05-21-2006, 02:20 AM
So, although the battery works fine w/ KA,

it can be low for SR?

fliprayzin240sx
05-21-2006, 05:03 AM
Battery is battery, we run miata/lawn mower batteries on some of our swaps. Just double check the voltage and make sure ur getting 11 volts before you crank it. While your cranking it, if it drops well below 10V, charge/jump start the battery. Also, pinching the gas line while starting it sometimes help the car start.

wiggerman
05-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Another thing to check with the battery is the cables, make sure they are connected proper and there isnt too much corrosion on them if they have too much corrosion on them they can absorb a ton of voltage, ive seen up to about 3v on just 1 side of the battery, so check your cables :D

dog3gtr
05-22-2006, 01:12 AM
Since my car cranks pretty hard..

I really think it's gas..

I mean not enough gas going in when cold..

Cuz, if I gib gas when I'm trying to on, it helps..

My frd's race car which is '84 Alfa Romeo had that problem,

so he cleaned cold air injection and fix some sensors.. and it worked..

So how does it apply to my case? What should I chk or replace?

ahh I get pissed off every morning..

s13silady
05-22-2006, 01:16 AM
check your battery... also check the voltage of your coilpacks... if you think its a fuel problem, try running some SEAFOAM through your fuel system and see if that helps a little bit...

dog3gtr
05-26-2006, 12:18 PM
On a hot day like these days,

it starts right up...

so..