PDA

View Full Version : Hotshot Header SOHC Questions

Creizai
05-18-2006, 11:41 PM
I searched a little bit to get some informoration on my Install of my New Hotshot Header. I have a KA24E Stock Header > 3'' TestPipe > 2.5'' HKS Hi-Power Overpriced Exhaust. I'm not a big fan of Modding the engine and I'm pretty much a 100% Drifter only, I touge a little but nothing hardcore. There is 3 Holes on my header, I've seen in Picks 2 lower ones welded shut, is this what I need to do ? (This is my daily driver and I have a heatshield on the car so I haven't got a chance to take it off and look).

Before I start to install I want to go get the holes welded before hand instead of having my ride down for so long. I also noticed I'm already missing 2 header bolts so I need to find a place that I can buy more of those. I'm prolly going to autozone for a new gasket.

btw here is the pic of someone elses welded header
http://www.zilvia.net/f/attachment.php?attachmentid=6842&d=1081300400
This this what you all do too? (Just weld the bottom 2 and not the top?)

Ugly_s14
05-19-2006, 03:27 AM
There is 3 Holes on my header, I've seen in Picks 2 lower ones welded shut, is this what I need to do ?

3 holes? I had an s13 w/ a hotshot header and there were only two holes on it - the one on the top near the cylinder 4 exhaust port for the EGR, and the one near the 4 into 2 weld for the oxygen sensor. If there are any more holes than those, plug them, because you only need those two that I mentioned.

You're going to LOVE the torque this header offers, not to mention the deep, throaty growl of the exhaust. have fun man!

nismonster
05-19-2006, 03:59 AM
I have the hotshot header on my ka24e and it has 3 "holes", two for egr, one for the o2 sensor (which is right against the firewall)...
You probably should not have them welded..
I can send a pic if necessary but just look at the stock manifold...

Creizai
05-19-2006, 07:29 AM
I have the hotshot header on my ka24e and it has 3 "holes", two for egr, one for the o2 sensor (which is right against the firewall)...
You probably should not have them welded..
I can send a pic if necessary but just look at the stock manifold...

Thanks, Just upload it to www.imageshack.us and go ahead and post it here. Did you have any problems with the install?

Also so I dont keep having to say hole anymore whats it called, I always forget.

PS this thread sucks, I looked at my stock header .. I can mount everything up perfect ... I hate it when I make stupid posts oh well thanks for the help.

Creizai
07-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Update:

Header is on O2 is in lower EGR is plugged. The upper EGR (the pipe) wont thread into the Header, its like the Threads in the header are like one mm bigger or something. Any Ideas? I also cant find a plug .. closes that fits is a 3/4th Coarse buuuut it wont fit inside I need a 3/4th FINE thread if I want to plug it, but i would rather find an adapter or something else.

2wo4orty
08-22-2006, 06:15 PM
just wondering what you guys used to plug up the holes?

TipStylez
08-22-2006, 06:19 PM
corckscrews.