PDA

View Full Version : Relocated FMIC; Performance, size, piping, & bracketing?

Slidin240Wayz
05-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Hello everyone,
I am planning on moving my radiator back about 3 inches and then placing a FMIC right where the A/C compresser would go.
I know it has been done before.
I need assistance on the make and size of the FMIC. I will also have to fab up some brackets, so I need to know what I can use to hold it in place.
What size piping do you suggest. I will be moving a z32 MAF to the cold side.
I know people have said a quicker spool will come out of it. Are there more advantages/ disadvantages with this setup?

Wishing you all the best,
Carlos Doria

drifter808
05-18-2006, 02:21 PM
did you by any chance see the sport compact car with the silvia in it? they did the exact same thing and showed some good photos on how to mount it. looked pretty nice to.

DJPimpFlex
05-18-2006, 02:32 PM
yea SCC did it with an apexi core (I believe) and custom pipeing. They wanted something smaller and with better flow to help with the heat transfer problems associated with covering the radiator so closely and completely.

The maf on the cold side is cool. I cant see any downsides just thinking about it.

drifter808
05-18-2006, 02:40 PM
yeah i was just looking at it again. Apexi core with custom aluminum piping and a disco potatoe turbo. they said the throttle response was much better and boost lag was decreased.

plus it also has that "wow" factor of a custom mounted FMIC.

Pepperoni
05-18-2006, 04:33 PM
hey Carlos if you need some aluminum bends since you're going the custom route let me know ;) 2.5"...3"... 90, 45, 180 degree..