PDA

View Full Version : upcoming events in norcal

Sil-Abc
05-16-2006, 07:30 AM
SO with the delay of night drift, are there any track openings in norcal comin soon?

slider2828
05-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Yah probably need to go to thunderhill and like sears now.... Freaking DONE.... SO Sad.. damn it

Ritz S14
05-16-2006, 10:35 AM
"Delay" sounds like an understatement. From what it seems, it's over with the Altamont, for us.

SpeedMonkeyInc
05-16-2006, 10:48 AM
Kinda sounds that way doesn't it? Drift Day Nor Cal has not been able to host another event either.
Hopefully NCDA can find another spot. Personaly I like parking lots, everyone else complains about them but I don't know why. There where roumors of some spot being avalible in Redding. Long drive but I will do it.
Anyone know the current status with Buttonwillow and drifting? Thats a fun track and it seems that they are still allowing drift there.

Sil-Abc
05-16-2006, 10:59 PM
i mean it looks like imma drive down to socal for a couple events in the future but i rather not do that cuz of gas but i need drifting in my system hahaha

EchoOfSilence
05-16-2006, 11:06 PM
what you need more of in your system is school, Jon

:rofl:

Sil-Abc
05-16-2006, 11:14 PM
yea yea yea dont remind me

95Blue240sx
05-17-2006, 12:44 PM
It seams i need more of that in my system as well lol.

The farthest id be willing to drive is about 1-2 hours from SJ. Anything more and I can just wait around and save up.

BigVinnie
05-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Personaly I like parking lots, everyone else complains about them but I don't know why. There where roumors of some spot being avalible in Redding.

Besides Redding, Chico also has the Silver Dollar Speedway.....

infinitexsound
05-23-2006, 01:45 PM
chico and redding is too far in my book, honestly if ur gonna break.. ur assed out if u havent trailored ur car in those distances... same deal with socal...

they use to hold autox events at the petaluma fairgrounds.. but since ESCA moved to the airport. i dont think anyone has been there ever since.... maybe one of u guys should look into it...

rewplayff
05-27-2006, 06:41 PM
sorry to resurrect this thread but i do still wonder what are the..."upcoming events in norcal" or whats closest, time wise and distance.

DJPimpFlex
05-27-2006, 08:01 PM
^nothing......Norcal drifting is dead. Driving to socal and wasteing gas FTW!!!

infinitexsound
05-27-2006, 08:37 PM
FTS aint gonna drive that far for a event...

sonnysmr2
05-29-2006, 02:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGFIPh8ohaE

FaLKoN240
05-29-2006, 03:28 PM
I was gonna say that Sonny hit up Altamont on Friday.

gbond15
05-29-2006, 05:35 PM
Sonny and I hit up altamont on sat and sun and it was awsome. the new track surface is the ish and the new configurations make it so much more fun. Keep your eyes open for future events there.

kansei
05-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah, how'd that happen?

rewplayff
05-29-2006, 07:56 PM
was that the open practice where you can only use the oval for $150 or something like that? i read on the altamont site about something like that on fridays.

CleanS14
05-29-2006, 10:49 PM
I'll be hosting an event on Thursday, July 6th same as night drift... but limited spaces. Only problem is it's going to be $125 per driver. 5 hours of driving time on track (still working out hours of operation with the new Altamont staff). I'm not trying to make any money on this... just trying to keep drifting alive in Norcal. Pass the word around... I will post the event after we finalize all of the details.

The open practice events will happen as long as there is a Saturday open for that. Most if not all Saturdays are booked at Altamont per the new ownership. Hopefully, we can get a good turnout to the July 6th practice and show Altamont that we are good people to support.

Stay tuned for more details...

Jay

CleanS14
05-29-2006, 11:15 PM
http://www.driftbattle.org/

SpeedMonkeyInc
05-29-2006, 11:21 PM
Good news! Thanks for trying to get us back on the track! I know quite a few people will be upset its not NCDA, but track time is track time.

CleanS14
05-29-2006, 11:32 PM
We're all cool folks... don't know why anyone would be disappointed regardless of the group hosting... it's DRIFTING!!!

SpeedMonkeyInc
05-29-2006, 11:45 PM
I know you guys are cool. What I am saying is all the recent stuff with NCDA and Altamont some people are saying to boycott Altamont events if they are not NCDA.
Anyway. I will be there. See ya!

CleanS14
05-30-2006, 12:20 AM
Oh okay... I understand. What everyone needs to understand is that Altamont actually supports drifting/drifters and the people that participate in any motorsport. I spoke with the President/General Manager and he's a very cool guy. He did mention that it's important that the community and participants conduct themself in a mature manner because there is a close eye on everyone involved in drifting due to the recent popularity, sideshow stuff going on etc. He does want all of us to come out, but he does not want the people living around the track complaining and making it hard for his facility to operate... which is what happened when those guys were reported drifting on Midway.

Hopefully we can have a good acceptance... NCDA or not all I know is we need drifting and Altamont is awesome now... less walls... new infield and smooth pavement!!!

OMGWTFBBQ
05-30-2006, 12:41 AM
will spectating be allowed also

rewplayff
05-30-2006, 01:32 AM
thank you, people organizing this.

Russian Mob
05-30-2006, 02:40 AM
I'll be hosting an event on Thursday, July 6th same as night drift... but limited spaces. Only problem is it's going to be $125 per driver. 5 hours of driving time on track (still working out hours of operation with the new Altamont staff). I'm not trying to make any money on this... just trying to keep drifting alive in Norcal. Pass the word around... I will post the event after we finalize all of the details.

The open practice events will happen as long as there is a Saturday open for that. Most if not all Saturdays are booked at Altamont per the new ownership. Hopefully, we can get a good turnout to the July 6th practice and show Altamont that we are good people to support.

Stay tuned for more details...

Jay

So did you get the permit issue resolved with the surrounding residents so every one can go drifting at Altamont?

monkey7
05-30-2006, 03:28 AM
Woot woot, it keeps me off the streets! Now I can stop thinking about it and drive!

Andrew Bohan
05-30-2006, 11:55 AM
So did you get the permit issue resolved with the surrounding residents so every one can go drifting at Altamont?

i serously doubt there ever really was a permit issue.

CleanS14
05-30-2006, 12:30 PM

There was a permit issue that was granted lastweek per Altamont. We only got confirmation that it would be possible to host an event there on Friday. And when I met with the Gen. Mrg, he mentioned that it was becauase of the lack of permits for the facility.

Not sure who is right/wrong... I only know what I was told. Either way there will be an event on 7/6 and 8/26... so hopefully we can get a good turn out and keep drifting in norcal alive!!!

Registration opens June 1st for the July 6th event.

Jay

!Zar!
05-30-2006, 12:31 PM
+Infinity.
I never believed that since day one.

sleedawg
05-30-2006, 01:15 PM
For the official reason for no drifting at Altamont, see the message/link below. I spoke with one of the partners of Riverside Motorsports Park (the new management company of Altamont) at Thunderhill this weekend and they really want to have drifting at Altamont and even a Formula D event there. They were even going to try and put a school together with Tyler McQaurrie as lead instructor. The problem was some people were drifting on the streets leading to Altamont. The locals were not pleased. If you do end up heading up to Altamont for any reason... don't drift there on the street. The last thing we would want is a heavy police presence and them inspecting every car that passes that would be "suspect." If you do drift on the street (which I do NOT condone)... keep it away from the racetrack where the people who want to legally drift can go.

Link to the Text Below http://www.altamontracing.com/altamont_drifting.pdf

----------------

May 22, 2006

Altamont Motorsports Park Position Statement Regarding Drifting Events
From the startup of our new company in January 2006, Altamont Motorsports Park has sought to include the excitement of drifting motorsports events in our 2006 race season schedule. We entered into discussions with the Northern California Drifting Academy (NCDA), which is one drifting organization with a history of racing at Altamont under the facility’s prior ownership and management.

Since initiating discussions with NCDA, Altamont Motorsports Park received considerable negative feedback from the local community and local law enforcement officials that, in the recent past, reckless and dangerous driving has occurred on local roads in and out of the facility in conjunction with NCDA events. As this practice is counter to Altamont Motorsports Park’s intent to promote an end to street racing, side shows and other forms of dangerous driving on public streets, we have requested that NCDA provide and demonstrate a plan for controlling driving behaviors among its fans and competitors. The plan is a requisite before Altamont Motorsports Park will enter into scheduling agreements or contracts with NCDA, and we are awaiting NCDA’s response to the request at this time.

Altamont Motorsports Park is engaged in scheduling discussions and contracts with other drifting organizations, and the company looks forward to completing scheduling contracts with NCDA, if and when issues are resolved satisfactorily, so that drifting events can be included in the range of motorsports entertainment presented to fans at Altamont Motorsports Park.

CleanS14
05-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Thanks sleedawg!

We'll be sure to note this info on our site in hopes to keep everything under control outside the facility.

There really is no need to have additional eyes watching us get to or leave an event. I know George and Sonny talked with the GM and he actually had them do a demo at one of their events there this past weekend... that should be a great sign for us!

OMGWTFBBQ
05-30-2006, 01:26 PM
so how can you hold an event and NCDA cant?
or us ncda still negotiating or what
something still seems fishy

CleanS14
05-30-2006, 01:39 PM
NCDA can host an event...

Nothing fishy man... seriously. I really wish the NCDA guys would chime in.

CleanS14
05-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Drift Battle Open Practice Registration (http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=5626&psrnd=.7261697579478044004414992427881261052)

kazuo
05-30-2006, 01:47 PM
NCDA can host an event... and they actually still have an event scheduled for November 24th.

Nothing fishy man... seriously. I really wish the NCDA guys would chime in.

The NCDA event scheduled for the 24th is at Buttonwillow.

You should link the registration on your home page, too. Otherwise people are going to bombard you with "where the hell is the link?" requests.

CleanS14
05-30-2006, 01:49 PM
The NCDA event scheduled for the 24th is at Buttonwillow.

You should link the registration on your home page, too. Otherwise people are going to bombard you with "where the hell is the link?" requests.

Okay corrected... I'll update the link sorry if it doesn't work.

OMGWTFBBQ
05-30-2006, 01:50 PM
why do they not have an event for like 6 months
why no altamont

CleanS14
05-30-2006, 01:52 PM
You're asking the wrong guy... please inquire with NCDA. I did ask specifically if NCDA could host an event there and it was mentioned that any organization is free to host an event... so I'm just as confused as you.

kazuo
05-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Jay,

I just went to sign up and its not working properly:

Unable to Complete Request

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
You must select an Entry Fee for this Event

Using latest version of IE (not 7)

It says to select a checkbox for the entry fee but theres nothing to select.

CleanS14
05-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Let me run through it one time to confirm... signing up was straight forward. Not sure why it's not working. Thaks for the heads up!

CleanS14
05-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Jay,

I just went to sign up and its not working properly:

Using latest version of IE (not 7)

It says to select a checkbox for the entry fee but theres nothing to select.

Okay... they said it was because the start date for registration was June 1st. it should work now. If not I will just provide a paypal address to send to.

Thanks!

Jay

kazuo
05-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Jay,

Works fine now. Just signed up.

See you suckers there

CleanS14
05-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the support Art!

rewplayff
05-31-2006, 01:55 PM
i have registered, see you there.

RBS14
05-31-2006, 02:39 PM
How many of you would SERIOUSLY be interested in an event at buttonwillow east loop towards the end of July?

Russian Mob
05-31-2006, 09:47 PM
Sounds like DB has been promised by AMP just like NCDA was promised earlier. However it also looks like NCDA is the only one being blamed for the wreckless driving issue which is very sensitive but really is something no one can control. DB on the other hand don't seem to have to do a proposal or present any thing to be socially responsible. I think AMP says "any one can host event there" but NCDA just has to be cancelled until they do the leg work so every one can benifit later with out any work. Basiacally NCDA some how is put into a very hard place and has to be the bitch for every one. I think every one need to think credically and make judgements and comments based on what facts has happend and took place already, not by whos said what. Sorry don't mean to make this a thread about NCDA and AMP, but lately it just seems to be the hot topic.

projekt_s13
06-01-2006, 10:58 PM
will spectating be allowed also

Will it???......................

CleanS14
06-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Yes, spectators will be allowed $5 per person.

Drivers get 1 passenger or helper vehicle with them in the pits (if the vehicle is not carrying any of your stuff they will be asked to park their vehicle outside of the pit area, but they will be allowed in the pits with you).