PDA

View Full Version : Turbo will make full boost in neutral?

chibo
05-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Uh, so. I just finished rebuilding my car and went to test drive it today... It will make full boost in neutral after some popping in the lower revs, then while driving it on the street it feels like it's misfiring, but it's making full boost... it just doesn't have the power it used to... at all. Any ideas of what to look at?
It idles perfectly at 900rpm with -15 in/hg, one look at the exhaust tells me it's running rich as hell - am I to assume running very rich is causing the stumbling/misfire at low rpm along with the insane amount of backfiring? What about the full boost with no engine load?

Blacktop S13 SR, was autotrans - hacked together the connectors for a manual harness
Megan racing divorced downpipe
Project Silvia downpipe
Resonated test pipe
SSAC catback (this actually sounds really sick with my setup, it's got a nice muscle car sound to it)
HKS SSQV
Hybrid Dynamics IC

SpeedMonkeyInc
05-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Is your timing set to factory spec?

chibo
05-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Is your timing set to factory spec?
Doh :hammer: I just realized that that the timing is probably off, I guess it's what's causing the rich and the misfire which is acting as an antilag and spooling the turbo.

Nizzan4u2nv
05-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Yea, your timing is probably retarded too much. Putting a lot of load on the motor even in neutral. Advancing it should lean it out some.

chibo
05-14-2006, 10:46 PM
15* timing now, jesus shit this car rapes even more than before I took it apart.

sr240mike
05-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Good job!!!!!!