PDA

View Full Version : trans trouble

Lost_DriFter
05-09-2006, 11:56 PM
so i finally got bolts for my flywheel and me and my boi were trying to put the trans in (this is still my manual conversion) so we finally get it of there and in but theres a half inch gap between the bellhousing and the motor we tried jiggling it and it wont go in any further no matter how hard we pushed or jiggled

is there something im missing here??
the trans isnt close enough for me to screw in im lost any advice is much appreciated

thnx in adv.

Realnez
05-10-2006, 12:08 AM
From what I know it has to be very aligned with the engine for it to be pushed in. It was the same with mine when I did my DOHC and I just jacked up part of the engine to make it more flush.

NIK90s13
05-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Yea alighnment is the key, you really have to be dead on to get it to snap together. Did you use an alighnment tool for the clutch disk when you installed the clutch and pressure plate? If you did'nt, there is your problem, If the clutch disk is off you wont get the trans past the disc and into the pilot bering.

Lost_DriFter
05-10-2006, 08:40 AM
yea i used the alighnment tool for the clutch hmm...so i should try jacking up the motor a little? roughly how much would u say?

NIK90s13
05-10-2006, 11:27 AM
you just have to feel it out, put the jack at the frunt of the motor to get it to tilt back to get a better angle. Just work at it slowly, check your gap at all sides, if one part is to close it will bind and not go in ect. take your time.

fliprayzin240sx
05-10-2006, 01:49 PM
You sure your using the right TOB? Check the fork as it is and see if theres play on it still. If there isnt any play then you wont get it in. The TOB is pushing against the clutch as it is.

Lost_DriFter
05-10-2006, 08:36 PM
at first i wasnt awear of the auto pilot bearing but i tried to get it out with a hammer and flat head screw driver pounding the **** out of it didnt move at all is there another way to get the friggen thing out??

IAM_SO_sLOw
05-10-2006, 08:40 PM
lol theres alot of ways to get it out.... umm....i think most people end up drilling it out

Lost_DriFter
05-10-2006, 09:02 PM
does anyone that lives in the central jersey area have a bearing puller or a sliding hammer??

aznpoopy
05-10-2006, 10:56 PM
does anyone that lives in the central jersey area have a bearing puller or a sliding hammer??

iirc it doesn't work

pm arthur and alex on importfanatix. they both went through this recently.

NIK90s13
05-11-2006, 06:41 AM
I took a small drill bit and notched two slots from the inside of the bering enough to weaken the bering, then I hit it with a screw driver and hammer. It came out real easy, it suprised me how easy it came apart.