PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Development GTSpec Intercooler Kits for $425!

hipro
05-09-2006, 07:43 PM
After a long journey at sea and "struggle" with US Customs, our Hybrid Development International GTSpec Intercoolers and Piping Kits have finally arrived and will begin shipping on Friday, May 12th. We are offering the GTSpec intercoolers for $175, shipping included to anywhere in the continental US. All of our kits, which includes S13 and S14/15 SR20DET, RB20/25DET, and CA18DET kits, are priced at ONLY $425, including FREE shipping to anywhere in the continental US. You can place your order online at www.hiprollc.com. To get these prices, you must add the item to your shopping cart and, at checkout, enter the coupon code to mark down the retail price to the zilvia.net price. For the intercoolers, enter coupon code FMIC100, which reduces the price from $275 down to $175. For the complete kits, enter coupon code KIT150, which reduces the price from $575 down to $425. We also accept PayPal ([email protected]) and credit cards over the phone. Georgia residents must also pay 7% state sales tax.
Thanks for your continued support. Mike Browning, Sales Manager, www.hiprollc.com, [email protected]

s13srmadness
05-10-2006, 08:24 PM
sweet deal.
just bought the rb25 kit.
thanks.
ship that thing!!

sunnys14
05-11-2006, 12:35 AM
will u guys sell just the brackets for mounting the intercooler? i bought a core from you guys a while back but now i need brackets. how much shipped to 95660?

hipro
05-11-2006, 05:34 PM
will u guys sell just the brackets for mounting the intercooler? i bought a core from you guys a while back but now i need brackets. how much shipped to 95660?

Absolutely... $25 for upper, lower, and mounting bolts, including shipping, for either the S13 or S14 brackets. Please also specify which intercooler you previously purchased so I can get you the right bolts. The earlier GTSpec used a fine pitch thread bolt; the latest core and the bar and plate uses a more standard course thread pitch. Thanks.

sunnys14
05-12-2006, 01:00 AM
actually it wasnt a GT spec, it was one of your standard cores you guys had a group buy on a couple months ago. im not sure what it was called but your site doesnt sell it anymore. so 25 shipped for the brackets? where do i pay!?

hipro
05-12-2006, 02:59 AM
We accept PayPal ([email protected]) or credit cards over the phone for any of the individual items that are part of a kit (brackets, couplers, clamps, individual pipes, etc.) since we only list the complete kits and intercoolers on our website. Georgia residents must also pay 7% state sales tax. Mike Browning, Sales Manager, www.hiprollc.com, [email protected], 770-830-9242

sunnys14
05-12-2006, 04:16 PM
you dont accept paypal?

hipro
05-12-2006, 04:43 PM
you dont accept paypal?
Yes, we accept PayPal ([email protected])!

Edgar
05-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Great Product!
Great Deal!
Great Company To Work With!

spanishricer
05-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Any pics of these installed on the cars? Engine bay and front bumper shots?

hipro
05-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Any pics of these installed on the cars? Engine bay and front bumper shots?
Just the one of our '90 Hatch shop car with an RB... anyone else have pics?

Lucient
05-14-2006, 09:48 AM
how well do they flow as fr as getting air to the radiator and A/C condenser. I have seen front mounts that let almost no air through

hipro
05-14-2006, 08:06 PM
how well do they flow as fr as getting air to the radiator and A/C condenser. I have seen front mounts that let almost no air through

Sorry, Lucient, but I cannot answer that question as far as any kind of air flow rating. I have installed these on cars with A/C and have had no problems with overheating, if that is what you are asking. The intercoolers do take up a large amount of space but, with proper fan installation, you should have no problems. We have done SRs with stock fans (mechanical and A/C condenser fan) and had no problems. We have done SRs with 2 electrical and no mechanical, and had no problems. I have done a couple of RB's with two electrical fans, and had no problems, including one with an auto and a separate auto tranny cooler. Thanks, Mike Browning www.hiprollc.com

Lucient
05-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Sorry should have asked this in my fiorst post but does it come with the hot pipe from the turbo and does the coldpipe require cutting a hole through the batter y tray. Im totally interested in the new kit you have for the s13 with the single cold pipe. Also is there a bov flange on the pipe?

chlatboy
05-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Hows the mounting different for the rb25det kit? Your PDF shows the mounting on an actual skyline. I got my Rb in a zenki.

hipro
05-15-2006, 04:05 PM
Sorry should have asked this in my fiorst post but does it come with the hot pipe from the turbo and does the coldpipe require cutting a hole through the batter y tray. Im totally interested in the new kit you have for the s13 with the single cold pipe. Also is there a bov flange on the pipe?
Yes, includes the hot pipe and yes it requires cutting the hole in the battery tray. Hybrid uses a BOV adapter coupler instead of a flange, which allows you to 1) use the stock BOV, or 2) buy an adapter to fit with any number of aftermarket BOV styles, such as the one shown in the picture below. We try to keep the adapters in stock for HKS and Greddy Type R, S, RS, which are priced at $40 and includes the aluminum adapter, silicone coupler, and 2 stainless steel t-bolt clamps. Thanks, Mike Browning, www.hiprollc.com

hipro
05-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Hows the mounting different for the rb25det kit? Your PDF shows the mounting on an actual skyline. I got my Rb in a zenki.

The mounting of the piping kit is the same as the Skyline, with the exception of attaching the intercooler. We include your choice of S13 or S14 stainless steel intercooler mounting brackets at no additional charge. Mounting the kit does require that you cut a hole in the passenger side frame rail (same as with the Skyline), instead of in the battery tray like the SR kit. Thanks, Mike Browning www.hiprollc.com

808DRFTR
05-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Just got mine and installed it and its great well compared to my bent up GReddy core...Oh yeah what kind of HP numbers are these GTspec cores rated up too?

hipro
05-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Just got mine and installed it and its great well compared to my bent up GReddy core...Oh yeah what kind of HP numbers are these GTspec cores rated up too?

Hybrid rates the cores for up to 750 hp, as is shown in the attached picture. Thanks, Mike Browning, [email protected] www.hiprollc.com

komedy
06-01-2006, 03:57 AM
is this still available? is this made in japan?

hipro
06-01-2006, 03:54 PM
is this still available? is this made in japan?

Yes, still available; no, not made in Japan. Thanks, Mike Browning www.hiprollc.com

komedy
06-03-2006, 12:44 AM
do i just send you the paypal or go to website checkout first then paypal?
do i need to cut or modify my front bumper during the full installation?

komedy
06-03-2006, 12:46 AM
where is this intercoolers made from?

hipro
06-03-2006, 06:44 PM
do i just send you the paypal or go to website checkout first then paypal?
do i need to cut or modify my front bumper during the full installation?
You can do either but the easiest is from our website, where you add it to the shopping cart and then enter coupon code KIT150 to take $150 off the regular price. At checkout, you will be redirected to paypal to finalize your payment. Yes, you will need to cut the upper back corner or completely remove the metal bumper. Our kits are from Hybrid Development International, one of the top sellers in Australia! Thanks, Mike Browning, www.hiprollc.com [email protected]

808DRFTR
06-03-2006, 08:30 PM
do you have the S13 pipping kit alone? old or new doesn't matter

hipro
06-05-2006, 05:02 PM
do you have the S13 pipping kit alone? old or new doesn't matter

Yes, $250 shipped, for your choice (old or new). You will have to email or call for that price. Thanks, Mike Browning, www.hiprollc.com 770-830-9242

wntrcoatblu240
06-07-2006, 06:42 PM
i'm pretty sure i'm going to buy an s13 kit from you guys, but my only question is why did you guys change the old style piping to the new style piping? is there a benefit to having a 1 piece hot and cold pipe, in comparison to the old style where you have 4 pipes? thanks, just kind of confused...

hipro
06-08-2006, 02:42 AM
i'm pretty sure i'm going to buy an s13 kit from you guys, but my only question is why did you guys change the old style piping to the new style piping? is there a benefit to having a 1 piece hot and cold pipe, in comparison to the old style where you have 4 pipes? thanks, just kind of confused...

Greetings Wntrcoatblu240... just for the record, we didn't change the kit; Hybrid did. We still offer both kits, but the old style is being discontinued. The new style is several pounds lighter and requires fewer couplers and t-bolt clamps. We are selling the new style about 10 to 1 over the old style, and many of those are wholesale accounts that have used both the old and new. Hybrid, like all other manufacturers, is constantly trying to improve both their products and their profitability... my guess is that a combination of those two is what drove the change. Thanks, Mike Browning www.hiprollc.com [email protected]

gearhead290
06-08-2006, 06:01 AM
how long is this pricing going on for? Any chance I could get a pic of the S13 kit new kit installed? I like the 1 peice pipes, but those silicone elbows worry me a little bit.

wntrcoatblu240
06-08-2006, 11:45 AM
how long is this pricing going on for? Any chance I could get a pic of the S13 kit new kit installed? I like the 1 peice pipes, but those silicone elbows worry me a little bit.

i agree, those elbows kinda worry me, i rather have couple more connectors then to have those 90degree elbow things.. *shivers* (shall be ordering soon, and how long is this sale going to be?)

dvdevo
06-08-2006, 05:06 PM
i agree, those elbows kinda worry me, i rather have couple more connectors then to have those 90degree elbow things.. *shivers* (shall be ordering soon, and how long is this sale going to be?)

Silicone elbows work fine, didnt you see the way i mounted my fmic(the one that broke =[)? i had 90degree elbows, probably work better.
oh yeah i'll take pics when i recieve and install mine :)

hipro
06-08-2006, 05:38 PM

With the continued support of zilvia, we plan to keep the kits at this price for a while. Regarding the pics... I haven't installed the new style kit yet so I do not have a pic to post. I have been working on our RB powered convertible and haven't taken time to replace the old style kit on our SR hatch. If someone could please help us out with an installed picture, it would be most appreciated.

phrozen
06-08-2006, 10:09 PM
no ka-t kit =(

neilsan
06-11-2006, 05:30 PM
should be placing my order this thursday

chlatboy
06-12-2006, 03:04 AM
Ill snap a couple pictures of the sr kit in my friends hatch. Everything fits fine to me. Ill ask him about any problems he encountered. Im putting in my FMIC kit into my Rb later this week. Ill post pictures and updates on fitment.

hipro
07-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Once again, we are at the mercy of Hybrid shipping more product... we are completely out of stock on the S13 kits and only have a few remaining S14, RB20/25, and CA18 kits. The intercoolers are also gone, so no more of the $175 GTSpec prices. Hope to have more product in stock within 4 weeks. Thanks for the support. Mike Browning, Sales Manager, www.hiprollc.com

YoungRookie
07-18-2006, 06:37 PM
I need a intercooler kit for an s13 asap, Let me know when you expect to have more in, im in desperate need of one.

hipro
07-20-2006, 05:13 PM
I need a intercooler kit for an s13 asap, Let me know when you expect to have more in, im in desperate need of one.

They are on their way but probably 4 weeks before we have them in hand. We buy in large quantities and have them shipped via sea freight, so it takes a while. Plus, we are at the mercy of US Customs, which is always an unknown! Thanks for inquiring! Mike Browning, www.hiprollc.com

kawika219
07-20-2006, 05:56 PM
They are on their way but probably 4 weeks before we have them in hand. We buy in large quantities and have them shipped via sea freight, so it takes a while. Plus, we are at the mercy of US Customs, which is always an unknown! Thanks for inquiring! Mike Browning, www.hiprollc.com
haha...thats my dads name...anyway nice prices

DoriftoPnoy
08-10-2006, 04:59 PM
ehhh do you guys sell just the tbolt clamps?

In The Works
08-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Any word on new stock timeframe?

CRZY_AZN
08-16-2006, 05:10 PM
are the sr20 s13 in stock?

florante rea
08-16-2006, 09:24 PM
from what mike browning had told me, all the gt spec fmic will be ready to shipped on august 20. i'm actually waiting mine to be shipped. the cores arestong and a better alternatives to high xpensive brands. i have a friend that has one. def get them. good price too.

Creizai
08-17-2006, 08:52 AM
Any still left? I want to order one.

hipro
08-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Sorry about the delayed responses. Have talked to our import broker and the kits are in the US, awaiting US Customs clearance. Our arrival date has been pushed to Aug. 25th... if all goes well, we will be shipping as early as Monday, Aug. 28th. We still have S14, RB20/25, and CA18 piping kits; just don't have any intercoolers left. For those of you who have waited and read this email, mention that you would like a free oil take off adapter, and we will include one at no charge ($20 value). The oil take off adapter allows the connection of NPT or BPST threaded fittings, such as an oil pressure gauge, to the stock pressure sending unit connection while retaining the stock sending unit for the gauge cluster light.

Regarding the question about t-bolt clamps... we have a few spares. Shoot me an email and I will see if I can help you out. Thanks, Mike Browning, Sales Manager, www.hiprollc.com [email protected]

Creizai
08-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Sorry about the delayed responses. Have talked to our import broker and the kits are in the US, awaiting US Customs clearance. Our arrival date has been pushed to Aug. 25th... if all goes well, we will be shipping as early as Monday, Aug. 28th. We still have S14, RB20/25, and CA18 piping kits; just don't have any intercoolers left. For those of you who have waited and read this email, mention that you would like a free oil take off adapter, and we will include one at no charge ($20 value). The oil take off adapter allows the connection of NPT or BPST threaded fittings, such as an oil pressure gauge, to the stock pressure sending unit connection while retaining the stock sending unit for the gauge cluster light.

Regarding the question about t-bolt clamps... we have a few spares. Shoot me an email and I will see if I can help you out. Thanks, Mike Browning, Sales Manager, www.hiprollc.com [email protected]

Will you have anymore in stock in the coming months for the same price? Money is hand but I'll wait I need to if not I'll just buy it at full price (blah)

hipro
08-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Have had another US Customs delay; expecting the kits anyday now. Yes, Creizai, it is our intention to continue to offer the kits to our zilvia members at this price. Our problem has just been in getting the stock. This shipment was paid for on June 14th and it is still not in our hands. It is getting close to 3 months now and we are completely out of all stock!! We have been assured that the kits will be in our hands this week. Thanks to all for the continued support. Mike Browning www.hiprollc.com

florante rea
08-28-2006, 11:58 PM
mike still waiting for the fmic. let me know when u get them. i will send money soon as u get the kits.ttyl.jr

Vatche
08-30-2006, 06:18 AM
Yes, includes the hot pipe and yes it requires cutting the hole in the battery tray. Hybrid uses a BOV adapter coupler instead of a flange, which allows you to 1) use the stock BOV, or 2) buy an adapter to fit with any number of aftermarket BOV styles, such as the one shown in the picture below. We try to keep the adapters in stock for HKS and Greddy Type R, S, RS, which are priced at $40 and includes the aluminum adapter, silicone coupler, and 2 stainless steel t-bolt clamps. Thanks, Mike Browning, www.hiprollc.com

i read on your website that you have to purchase the hotpipe at an additional cost, does that apply to this deal or is that for non zilvia customers?

hipro
08-30-2006, 07:13 PM
i read on your website that you have to purchase the hotpipe at an additional cost, does that apply to this deal or is that for non zilvia customers?

No, sr20detman, you DO NOT have to purchase the hotpipe at an additional cost, it is included in the kit. Pics on our website at www.hiprollc.com Thanks, Mike Browning

hispeed
08-31-2006, 12:59 AM
I already have an aftermarket hotpipe. Will it work ok with the intercooler kit, for S13 with one piece hotpipe, with my current hotpipe??

hipro
08-31-2006, 05:44 PM
I already have an aftermarket hotpipe. Will it work ok with the intercooler kit, for S13 with one piece hotpipe, with my current hotpipe??

Sorry, hispeed, it probably would not work without some minor modification. We do offer BOV adapters for Greddy and HKS so, depending on your BOV, you possibly could use it and then sell the hotpipe to someone else. Thanks
Mike Browning www.hiprollc.com

s15lover
09-01-2006, 05:10 PM
how much just for the Biggest gt spec intercooler that you carry...I'm guessing it is for the skyline...I just need the core shipped to 37849 only..I already have piping. I totalled my car and just need a new intercooler w/ tanks (core). Anyway please email me @ [email protected]

devonkyle77
09-01-2006, 05:53 PM
any idea on a ka kit?

hipro
09-03-2006, 03:08 PM
how much just for the Biggest gt spec intercooler that you carry...I'm guessing it is for the skyline...I just need the core shipped to 37849 only..I already have piping. I totalled my car and just need a new intercooler w/ tanks (core). Anyway please email me @ [email protected]

$200 for the GTSpec intercooler, approx. 31 x 12 x 3, including shipping. Georgia residents must also pay 7% sales tax. You can purchase from our website at www.hiprollc.com. Add one to your basket at the regular price of $275, then, at checkout, enter coupon code FMIC75 to drop the price down to $200. S13 or S14 mounting brackets are available for an extra $25. Thanks, Mike Browning www.hiprollc.com

hipro
09-03-2006, 03:11 PM
any idea on a ka kit?
Sorry, but we don't have a kit specific to the KA. We have sold both S13 kits and S14 kits to folks that have then modified them for the KA-T, but I don't know which one works best. Thanks, Mike Browning www.hiprollc.com

sil-hybrid
09-04-2006, 11:21 PM
what do you suggest for a redtop in a s14 ????

hipro
09-05-2006, 06:48 PM
what do you suggest for a redtop in a s14 ????
Buy an S13 piping kit to match the engine, and then swap the S13 chassis intercooler mounting brackets for S14 brackets, which we do at no charge. Thanks, Mike B. www.hiprollc.com

sunnys14
09-25-2006, 03:16 AM
is the s13 intercooler kit still in stock?

mr_240sx
09-26-2006, 12:28 AM
does the intercooler come with the painted logo on it?

hipro
09-26-2006, 02:46 AM
is the s13 intercooler kit still in stock?
Yes, and more are on their way. Thanks, Mike Browning www.hiprollc.com

hipro
09-26-2006, 02:48 AM
does the intercooler come with the painted logo on it?
No, but we do have stencils if you want to paint it on yourself, which some customers have done. Either plain Hybrid or HDi (Hybrid Development International). Thanks, Mike Browning www.hiprollc.com

vqboodah
10-13-2006, 03:47 PM
can i buy just the S14 intercooler pipe kit itself? kit comes with all clamps, couplers, hotpipe, cold pipe etc right? i already have an intercooler. also, how much?

MrBojangles
10-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey I know this has been going on a long time but I just saw a friend of mine's new setup with one of your FMIC's. He said you guys met up somewhere in Marietta. I live maybe 10 min away from there, any chance you'd be willing to meet up so I can get in on this awesome deal. I'm just looking to purchase a FMIC (already have piping :/).

Let me know. If not then how much would shipping be to Conyers (shop where my car is at)?

EDIT: Also what is the availability on the stencils? I'm interested in the HDI stencil... would it come with the IC or could you guys use it to pre paint it b4 I pick it up or it ships?

ranger2339
10-15-2006, 07:19 AM
Yoooo i hope you still have some of these, i just sent payment for S13 redtop IC kit and HKS BOV adapter!!

Thanks
Josh Axel
[email protected]

hipro
10-15-2006, 08:06 AM
can i buy just the S14 intercooler pipe kit itself? kit comes with all clamps, couplers, hotpipe, cold pipe etc right? i already have an intercooler. also, how much?

We are down to our very last S14 kit so, depending on how soon you want to purchase, we have one as of today. The piping is $250, including shipping to anywhere in the continental US via UPS Ground and includes everything you mentioned (does not include the intercooler and intercooler mounting brackets). Our next shipment is expected to arrive in 3 - 4 weeks and will include many more S14 kits. We currently have plenty of S13 SR, RB20/25, and CA18 kits in stock. Thanks, Mike Browning www.hiprollc.com 770-830-9242

hipro
10-15-2006, 08:16 AM
Hey I know this has been going on a long time but I just saw a friend of mine's new setup with one of your FMIC's. He said you guys met up somewhere in Marietta. I live maybe 10 min away from there, any chance you'd be willing to meet up so I can get in on this awesome deal. I'm just looking to purchase a FMIC (already have piping :/).

Let me know. If not then how much would shipping be to Conyers (shop where my car is at)?

EDIT: Also what is the availability on the stencils? I'm interested in the HDI stencil... would it come with the IC or could you guys use it to pre paint it b4 I pick it up or it ships?

For a limited time, we are offering the Hybrid Development International GTSpec intercoolers for $200, including FREE continental US delivery. For $25 more, we will include your choice of S13 or S14 stainless steel mounting brackets. You can place your order online at www.hiprollc.com. To get these prices, you must add the item to your shopping cart and, at checkout, enter the coupon code to mark down the retail price to the zilvia.net price. For the intercoolers, enter coupon code FMIC75, which reduces the price from $275 down to $200. We also accept PayPal ([email protected]) and credit cards over the phone. Georgia residents must pay 7% state sales tax.

If we can meet in the Marietta area for drop off, I can reduce the price by $10 to offset the shipping costs. Stencils are FREE; just remind me at purchase to put one in the box.

Thanks for your continued support. Mike Browning, Sales Manager, www.hiprollc.com, [email protected]
GTSpec Intercooler Specs: Made of T606T Aluminum, tested at >58 psi, flow rated at >800 cfm, core size is approx. 24x12x3 with 3" inlet/outlet with overal dimensions of approx. 31.5x12x3, weighs 15.2 lbs., manufacturer recommended for up to 750 horsepower applications.

hipro
10-15-2006, 08:18 AM
Yoooo i hope you still have some of these, i just sent payment for S13 redtop IC kit and HKS BOV adapter!!

Thanks
Josh Axel
[email protected]

Got your order, Josh, so your S13 complete kit and HKS BOV adapter will ship tomorrow. Thanks, Mike B. www.hiprollc.com

ranger2339
10-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Thanks Mike..+1 for easy check out and the awsome discount, i had to get this kit what a deal..

Joah

s14rgs
11-05-2006, 12:46 PM
Just sent you payment for an s13 kit with s14 mounting brackets and an hks bov adapter.

DrtyRat
11-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Mike,
I just sent you payment for a hybrid gt spec IC...As usual great pricing/service!

hipro
11-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Mike,
I just sent you payment for a hybrid gt spec IC...As usual great pricing/service!

Thanks, Joe... it is on its way to you! Mike B.

hipro
11-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks Mike..+1 for easy check out and the awsome discount, i had to get this kit what a deal..

Joah
Joah... was the order in the name of Rory? Hope so, 'cause the kit shipped today. Thanks, Mike B.

TurbLu
11-08-2006, 12:25 AM
Greetings Wntrcoatblu240... just for the record, we didn't change the kit; Hybrid did. We still offer both kits, but the old style is being discontinued. The new style is several pounds lighter and requires fewer couplers and t-bolt clamps. We are selling the new style about 10 to 1 over the old style, and many of those are wholesale accounts that have used both the old and new. Hybrid, like all other manufacturers, is constantly trying to improve both their products and their profitability... my guess is that a combination of those two is what drove the change. Thanks, Mike Browning www.hiprollc.com [email protected]

Off topic but to answer your question, a one piece pipe is better as it has less places to fail.

IDriveFords
11-30-2006, 01:30 PM
Just trying to see if these guys are still around. I've tried calling and left a message. Just wanted to make sure the HKS flange would work with the SSQV (probably a stupid question) and also making sure you still have some s13 sr20det kits left. I'm ready to order both just waiting for a response to make sure your still around. Looking forward to doing business.

hipro
12-01-2006, 03:02 AM
...Just wanted to make sure the HKS flange would work with the SSQV (probably a stupid question) and also making sure you still have some s13 sr20det kits left...
Yes and YES! Your kit and BOV adapter are on their way. Thanks for your business! Mike B., www.hiprollc.com

IDriveFords
12-05-2006, 08:48 PM
All I have to say about this kit is WOW! I just got it today and it looks amazing you cannot beat the pricing and service from this guy. Mike your awsome and thnx again for the great product and excellent service. This has been the smoothest and easiest transaction yet if your in the market for a great looking intercooler for an unbeatable price this is your man.

IDriveFords
12-13-2006, 03:12 PM
just a quick question: how much hacking will I have to do to the bumper support to get this to fit/function right. I have the s13 setup and I'm getting ready to install it but I'm trying not to butcher my bumper support. Thnx
-Rob-

Dr. Moreau
12-14-2006, 12:27 AM
do you have the 18" gt spec cores as well?

hipro
12-15-2006, 03:44 PM
do you have the 18" gt spec cores as well?
Sorry, but no... we just couldn't justify buying them in large quantities when the price was almost the same as the full sized core. Thanks, Mike B. www.hiprollc.com

hipro
12-15-2006, 03:59 PM
just a quick question: how much hacking will I have to do to the bumper support to get this to fit/function right. I have the s13 setup and I'm getting ready to install it but I'm trying not to butcher my bumper support. Thnx
-Rob-

Rob... I always use an angle grinder to cut the bumper as shown in the photo below. I measure just wider than the width of the intercooler and go down just over half way in the back. I then use a sledge hammer to "forcefully" fold the metal forward, with some effort, and then tack weld it back to provide support. Some people remove the support altogether, but I prefer to leave it in place. Hope this helps. Thanks, Mike B. www.hiprollc.com

Dr. Moreau
12-16-2006, 11:23 PM
makes sense. i was just wondering.

moss13
12-17-2006, 09:16 AM
I've seen these kits widely used in Australia

fromxtor
12-17-2006, 09:43 AM
looking for just the cold pipe for a S13 SR

hipro
12-17-2006, 06:15 PM
looking for just the cold pipe for a S13 SR
Just the cold pipe is $125 shipped; with the single 90 degree silicone coupler and two t-bolt clamps is $150 shipped. Thanks, Mike B. [email protected], www.hiprollc.com

chlatboy
02-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Mike, sorry to ressurect this thread but i was wondering if you guys made a cold pipe for the rb25det greddy manifold? One with a BOV flange on it already?

dreaMervaj
02-21-2007, 01:47 AM
Got me wondering, no KA kits?

Clearalbino
02-21-2007, 02:07 AM
What size is the piping?

scottie
02-24-2007, 09:15 AM
I was wondering if anyone has pics of the install with the "NEW" intercooler piping setup. I looks like the instructions on their website shows the old intercooler piping installed in a S13 chassis. Just trying to figure out what the actual new intercooler piping looks like installed.

Scott

hipro
02-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Mike, sorry to ressurect this thread but i was wondering if you guys made a cold pipe for the rb25det greddy manifold? One with a BOV flange on it already?

Sorry, but we only sell the "off the shelf" products made by Hybrid, and they do not offer it. Thanks, Mike B.

hipro
02-26-2007, 06:13 PM
What size is the piping?

Which kit, specifically? Thanks, Mike B. [email protected]

Slidin240Wayz
02-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Mike,
I need an intercooler core. What do you have instock?

Carlos

nismo-joe
02-28-2007, 02:27 PM
how long does it take to get these shipped to cali 91764 my order number is 1120, and can i get a hipro stencil sent with mine so i wont have to tell people what kind of intercooler it is they can justread that mug!:keke:

hipro
02-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Mike,
I need an intercooler core. What do you have instock?

Carlos

Greetings Carlos... we have just the stock 12" tall x3" deep x 24" width (approx. 31" end tank to end tank). $200 shipped anywhere in the US or $225 with S13 or S14 mounting brackets and bolts. Thanks, Mike B. [email protected]

hipro
02-28-2007, 04:26 PM
how long does it take to get these shipped to cali 91764 my order number is 1120, and can i get a hipro stencil sent with mine so i wont have to tell people what kind of intercooler it is they can justread that mug!:keke:

Shipping via UPS ground to CA is about 1 week. Can expedite ( 2 to 3 day via USPS Priority Mail for an extra $25). Will include the stencil, as requested. Thanks Joe. Mike B. [email protected]

FusionR240sx
02-28-2007, 05:51 PM
interested in rb25 in s14 chassis and s13 redtop in s14 chassis

any deal we can do for both shipped? :P PM me back please.

Slidin240Wayz
03-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Greetings Carlos... we have just the stock 12" tall x3" deep x 24" width (approx. 31" end tank to end tank). $200 shipped anywhere in the US or $225 with S13 or S14 mounting brackets and bolts. Thanks, Mike B. [email protected]

Is it the GT Spec? How is it for drifting?

Carlos

hipro
03-02-2007, 02:58 AM
Is it the GT Spec? How is it for drifting?

Carlos

Sorry, Carlos... yes, the GTSpec. Great bang for the buck! Our feedback is that it works well for drag or drift, having never gotten feedback to the contrary. Over 1,000 sold in the US! Thanks. Mike B. [email protected]

Seven
03-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Do you guys have hot-pipe for an S15 SR20 swap car? If you do I'll just order that with my FMIC kit for my S14, Thanks
Ryan
These intercoolers are bar and plate style or fin? j/w
Thanks

sunnys14
03-15-2007, 09:44 PM
i recieved my GT spec the other day, fast shipping!

scottie
03-16-2007, 08:08 AM
I was wondering if you guys offer black silicon couplers as an option? Also, on your new kits, does the silicon coupler make a 90 degree bend at the intercooler or is the piping a 90 degree with a straight silicon coupler at both ends of the fmic? I cant tell because your pics on the site show a 90 coupler while people's personal pics show a straight with 90 piping. Thanks!

scottie
03-16-2007, 02:52 PM
I just called them. Thank you for answering my questions. It looks like Blue is the only option and the new design does use 90 degree couplers at the intercooler. I like what i hear. Looks like i will go with one real soon.

hipro
03-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Do you guys have hot-pipe for an S15 SR20 swap car? If you do I'll just order that with my FMIC kit for my S14, Thanks
Ryan
These intercoolers are bar and plate style or fin? j/w
Thanks

Hybrid advertises the S14 as the S14/S15 kit, so my guess is that it fits both. The GTSpec is a tube and fin design, weighs over 7 lbs. less than the original Hybrid bar and plate. Thanks, Mike Browning, www.hiprollc.com

hipro
03-22-2007, 06:53 PM
I just called them. Thank you for answering my questions. It looks like Blue is the only option and the new design does use 90 degree couplers at the intercooler. I like what i hear. Looks like i will go with one real soon.

Yes, Scottie, blue for now. I am trying to convince them to offer in both red and black. If they don't make it available, I will try to source the same quality elsewhere and start offering the choice of colors. Thanks, Mike Browning, [email protected]

240love
03-23-2007, 11:30 PM
i pmed you again

hipro
03-25-2007, 07:01 AM
i pmed you again
Got it... and have responded. Thanks, Mike B. www.hiprollc.com

scottie
03-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Yes, Scottie, blue for now. I am trying to convince them to offer in both red and black. If they don't make it available, I will try to source the same quality elsewhere and start offering the choice of colors. Thanks, Mike Browning, [email protected]

Mike, that would be awesome man! I will try to wait it out another month or two to order the kit to see if you can get something together. I would love to get black. To me there is nothing black would go with. Any car color, valve cover color, etc...... its a safe color. I just dont have anything blue on the car so i would to source out black couplers which would add cost to the the kit. Anyways, keep us updated please.

Scott

youngmanvr4
03-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Ordered mine! Cant wait to get it!

portion
03-29-2007, 09:25 PM
hey. guys need your opinion..
do u think this kit is too much for a stock SR20?? on say most 12-14psi boost
i mean.. later i would prob get a bigger turbo.. but for now stock

youngmanvr4
03-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Mine is going on a some what stock sr. My mods will be

S14 SR20 (T28 turbo)
HDI FMIC
Nismo 3" catback
ProjectNissan downpipe and testpipe
Blitz filter
Walbro pump

I'm sure your mods for "stock" would be close to that. I've seen people run a Greddy R-SPL on a "stock" sr. It just means it will cool better. Which is good even for stock.

Btw...I got mine in and it looks great. Cant wait to get it on.

Gaelen
04-04-2007, 04:51 PM
How much shipped to Vancouver, BC?

hipro
04-05-2007, 07:46 PM
How much shipped to Vancouver, BC?
Via global EMS, total to Canada is $475. Thanks, Mike B. [email protected]

speedgod^s13
04-06-2007, 06:50 AM
How much for the s13 gtspec kit, shipped to 96816?

hipro
04-06-2007, 08:07 AM
How much for the s13 gtspec kit, shipped to 96816?
To Hawaii via USPS Priority Mail, we charge an extra $25, so the total would be $450 delivered. Thanks, Mike Browning [email protected], www.hiprollc.com

portion
04-06-2007, 04:23 PM
just want to make sure if this kit comes with aluminum piping.. cause i may weld on a BOV to it .. need to know what flange to buy..
aluminum right?

hipro
04-06-2007, 07:35 PM
just want to make sure if this kit comes with aluminum piping.. cause i may weld on a BOV to it .. need to know what flange to buy..
aluminum right?
Yes, many shops weld flanges or you can use a coupler. Thanks. Mike B. [email protected] www.hiprollc.com

youngmanvr4
04-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Mike, my core doesn't fit. I'm guessing I should just drill some holes and do it that way? On my zenki the 2 upper hole (for the headlights) are to high for the core and hit the bottom of the headlights if you try to mount it up that far. If you then try to use the holes next further down its to low and will scrape the road. So I'm guessing I should just drill holes as close up without hitting the headlights?

hipro
04-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Mike, my core doesn't fit. I'm guessing I should just drill some holes and do it that way? On my zenki the 2 upper hole (for the headlights) are to high for the core and hit the bottom of the headlights if you try to mount it up that far. If you then try to use the holes next further down its to low and will scrape the road. So I'm guessing I should just drill holes as close up without hitting the headlights?
Please check the fitment again and refer to the installation instructions at http://hiprollc.com/installations/S1415_instructions.pdf, specifically page 5 for mounting on the S14 chassis. Thanks, Mike B. [email protected]

youngmanvr4
04-08-2007, 09:33 PM
I read the installation instructions and check the fitment a couple times and still came short.

I'm wonderng if the hole just under the headlight tabs (the whole you should use for mounting the core like seen on the installation instructions) if further up on Kouki's then Zenki's? I have a Zenki and my holes are not that far up as are the ones in the pics on the installation instructions.

I can take pics if you would like to see what I'm talking about.

youngmanvr4
04-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Ok I took some pics.

This is the core mounted in the existing holes. As you can see its alot lower than the ones in your installation instructions. The holes in your installation instructions are right under the headlight tabs.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/youngmanvr4/Rad004Small.jpg

This is how much the intercooler hangs under the bumper with the core mounted in the same holes as above.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/youngmanvr4/Rad005Small.jpg

This is with it mounted just under the headlight tabs. But it still hangs under the bumper about 1/8-1/2 inch which isn't right to me. Vise gripped.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/youngmanvr4/Rad006Small.jpg

This is with mounting tabs under the headlight tabs. Here is about the best I can seem to do. Its still closer to the ground than I'd like it to be. Its flush with the bottom of the bumper (might I add with a lip). Vise gripped.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/youngmanvr4/Rad007Small.jpg

This is the core mounted same place as above pic and showing close up of the tabs and how close it is to the bottom of the headlight. I could go up a little more but then I might run into trouble with the bumper support (actually the black piece the bumper bolts onto) and I dont want the core rubbing the light all the time.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/youngmanvr4/Rad008Small.jpg

I dont have a problem with drilling holes...just was hoping the fitment was going to be easier and it wasn't so close to the ground.

hipro
04-11-2007, 03:43 AM
I'm wonderng if the hole just under the headlight tabs (the whole you should use for mounting the core like seen on the installation instructions) if further up on Kouki's then Zenki's? I have a Zenki and my holes are not that far up as are the ones in the pics on the installation instructions.
Thanks for the pics. What if you turn the brackets upside down and swap sides? Not sure about the Kouki vs. Zenki fitment and if there is a difference but, as you show, the holes are definitely different from the mounting instructions. Let me know... we stand behind the product 100% so your satisfaction is guaranteed or your money back! Thanks, Mike B. [email protected]

youngmanvr4
04-11-2007, 03:39 PM
It worked. Great suggestion! It still hangs alot lower than I would like but it will work great. Maybe once I get everything all mounted up the bottom of the core will come flush with the bottom of the bumper. But I took some more pics so everyone for future reference can see.

Mounts upside down and swapped sides.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/youngmanvr4/FMIC001Small.jpg

Close up to see in detail.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/youngmanvr4/FMIC002Small.jpg

I didn't take a pic of the bumper being held up because I didn't have anyone there to hold it up but it hangs down about ½-¾ inch below the bumper. And actually after taking some measurements, you wouldn't want the top of the core any higher for the bumper mounting support (black thing the cosmetic bumper mounts to) then where it is in the pics with the mounts upside down and swapped sides. Just wish it wasn't so low.

portion
04-11-2007, 08:24 PM
got my intercooler kit today.. took 3 days to ship woohoo!
looks good
thanks alot mike..

installation would be nex week .. soo if anyone needs pics i can send them to u
thanks again

hipro
04-13-2007, 03:06 AM
It worked. Great suggestion!
Good to hear. Based on what I see, the only way to have it not hang down so low would be to go to a smaller core size. Thanks for the great pics... I am sure others will appreciate your help. Mike B. www.hiprollc.com

hipro
04-13-2007, 03:09 AM
got my intercooler kit today.. took 3 days to ship woohoo!
looks good...
Sorry about the delay in shipping. Normally, it would have only taken 2 days but I took a long weekend because of the Easter holiday and didn't get it out on time. Thanks Mike B www.hiprollc.com

FusionR240sx
04-13-2007, 03:26 AM
can u PM me the hp rating on these inter coolers? deff interested.

hipro
04-13-2007, 05:20 PM
can u PM me the hp rating on these inter coolers? deff interested.
Instead of the PM, I figured I should post for everyone to read. Hybrid's advertising says the GTSpec intercooler is recommended for up to 750 hp. The intercooler is tested at >58 psi at a flow rate of >800 cfm. Below are more detailed product stats. Thanks, Mike B. www.hiprollc.com

hipro
04-13-2007, 05:24 PM
As mentioned in an earlier post, I have finally found a source for getting black and red couplers for all of our intercooler kits. They have been ordered and are expected within the next 2 weeks. Will post again once they are in stock. That will then give you a choice of the stock blue color, or red or black at no extra charge. Thanks, Mike B. www.hiprollc.com

youngmanvr4
04-14-2007, 12:32 AM
Thanks for posting info on here :)

hipro
06-16-2007, 09:57 AM
For a limited time only... we are offering the Hybrid kits for $400 if you order with BLACK or RED couplers. This is a discount of $25 off our regular zilvia.net price of $425. Why... we finally received our red and black couplers but they are only 3-ply, when I actually ordered and paid for 4-ply silicone. So, instead of sending them back, we are going to try to move them. Once our 4-ply are received, this price goes back to $425. So, the stock blue remains at $425 while the red and black coupler kits are dropped to $400. Note that the red is not a bright red. By the way, Hybrid had a 5% increase in our last shipment but we DID NOT pass that price increase to our zilvia.net customers! For these prices, please email [email protected] or call 770-830-9242. Thanks, Mike Browning, Sales Manager, www.hiprollc.com

jezzicaz789
02-19-2010, 03:20 AM
Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.