Setup, 1996 RPS13 Blacktop
Z32 MAFS
RC 750cc Top Feed Injectors
HKS Top Feed Fuel Rail
HKS Fuel Pressure Regulator
GReddy Intake Manifold
GT2871R
ECU Custom Tune ROM for setup

Car will idle, no problems. It dumps out fuel like no ones business, running way to rich. While driving, stutters, stalls a bit, bogs all the way to 3K, after that the turbo spools and it all dissapears on WOT, the cars a beast. When cruising and giving a bit of gas it will do the same thing below 3.5K and below. It's like I have to stay spooled up all the time for it to not have a problem.

On idle, I unplugged the MAFS to check it out and the car idles perfectly fine and the same whether the MAFS plugged in or out. I tried revving the motor, revs past 3K with no issues when the MAFS plugged in. Still dumping out black plumes of fuel. Is the ECU in fail safe mode which bypasses all sensors including the MAFS? How can I check to see if the ECU is in Fail safe mode? I had a dyno lined up this Wednesday but looks like I won't be making it.

I tried plugging in a stock ECU and the car bogs and won't rev past 1.5K, stutters and just floods with fuel and dies. When I put the original tuned ECU back in it idles fine, but still has a problem with fuel dumping out.

What do you guys think? The Coolant temp sensor is fine, the O2 sensor is plugged in and fine when I was running the T25 which was 4 months ago, the cars been sitting for 6-months, just got the setup done and now it's doing this. What could it be? Ways to trouble shoot?

NemeGuero
05-09-2006, 12:03 PM
It won't run with the stock ECU 'cuz of the z32 MAF, you'll need some way to correct for the Voltage Quotient changes.

Has it ever run well with the ECU rom you have in there?
That's where I would start, assuming everything else is clean and healthy. (check plugs, filter, check for leaks..)

Do you have a gauge on your FPR? What are you reading on it?

RSP13-Sideways
05-09-2006, 12:10 PM
1. Exactly, stock ECU didn't run at all. Bogged and died.

2. It never exactly ran well, it idles fine save for the massive amounts of fuel coming out of the tail pipe. Plugs were flooded multiple times, I've pulled them each time and cleaned them. Filter is in great shape and there are no leaks.

3. The FPR with the vacuum hooked up is at 40psi right now, I had it on 20 to smooth out the idle (lean obviously). Never really boosted it at 20psi, but the boost with the GT2871R is at 5psi until I figure out what's wrong with it.

My question really is, what the hell is causing it to run so rich? And what's up with the MAFS? The car idles the same with it plugged in and when I disconnect it. When it isn't plugged in, it's not suppose to rev past 3K right? When it's unplugged on my car, it will rev all the way to redline. Is it getting bypassed somehow? When your car is running fail safe mode, doesn't it shut off all sensors, aka the MAFS? Not sure man.......help me out Neme

NemeGuero
05-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Who did your ROM burning? Can you look at the maps?

Were your injectors recently installed? They aren't leaking are they?
I'm curious, could you give me more info on your ROM tuning.. that's where my hunches tell me the problem lies.

NemeGuero
05-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Weird thing about the MAF, do you have a stock MAF you could plug back up and use the stock ECU just to test?

RSP13-Sideways
05-09-2006, 01:50 PM
The injectors were installed awhile ago, they were brand new never used. Checked to make sure they were not leaking and they aren't. The ROM tune is from a local in the area called REDLINE PERFORMANCE. He does custom ROM tunes, I brought my car to his shop last night and we were working on it. He burned me a new chip that night for 800cc leaned it out, when we installed it....the car bogged, flooded and died. Put a stock ECU on it, died exactly how the 800cc ROM died. Put the ROM he had originally and it idled perfectly. I'm suppose to go back there Saturday, cancelled my dyno run today already.

If I change MAFS back to the stock one, what would that tell me?

tre
05-09-2006, 03:05 PM
easy fix.

safc-2, set correction to 6. :)

NemeGuero
05-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Well it would eliminate the ECU as a variable to the problem.
If you ran stock MAF with stock ECU would be able to run it.

Keep us updated on the ROM tuning.. pretty sure that's where the issue is.

Do your injectors need a resistor? Doubt you wouldn't have thought of that, but I thought I'd ask.. trying to go through everything I can think of.

RSP13-Sideways
05-09-2006, 04:00 PM
easy fix.

safc-2, set correction to 6. :)

Please elaborate. What's the difference between the SAFC1 and 2? I could set the SAFC1 on 6.

NemeGuero
05-09-2006, 04:02 PM
He's just saying get an SAFC and turn down the injector duty. Which should be fixable in your ROM because its directly comparable to pulsewidth.