PDA

View Full Version : I Having several problems with my 240sx

sinbad68102
06-07-2002, 03:38 AM
ok everyone out there... First of all my speedometer kicks on and off, but it only works when it's hot outside?
2nd-my dash lights dont work when i turn on my parking lights or head lights. Is there a bulb(s) to replace?
3rd-Does an '89 240Sx have a rev-limiter or govoner on it?
My car will red-line in first and second gear but when i hit 3rd gear the pedal goes dead at 4500-5000 rpms.Then drops down to 3000 rpms and kicks back in. In 4th and 5th gear it looses power at 4-4500 rpms.The pedal is dead till it drops down back to 3000 rpms i have to drive 65 on the freeway! Im not sure but can it be a vacuum leak or clogged filter. Almost everything under the hood is new. Replaced: engine, all belts, cap, rotor, starter, spark plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, pvc valve, O2 sensor, oil sending unit, temp sending unit and the timing is right on the money. Are there any other air filters, besides the main one. Oh yea its the stock motor to. KA24De.

SINBAD

luey02
06-07-2002, 06:59 AM
check fuse for your gauge cluster, should be in your driver kick panel.  

can't help on the motor problem.

240sxspeedracer1
06-07-2002, 10:25 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sinbad68102 @ June 06 2002,05:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok everyone out there... First of all my speedometer kicks on and off, but it only works when it's hot outside?
2nd-my dash lights dont work when i turn on my parking lights or head lights. Is there a bulb(s) to replace?
3rd-Does an '89 240Sx have a rev-limiter or govoner on it?
My car will red-line in first and second gear but when i hit 3rd gear the pedal goes dead at 4500-5000 rpms.Then drops down to 3000 rpms and kicks back in. In 4th and 5th gear it looses power at 4-4500 rpms.The pedal is dead till it drops down back to 3000 rpms i have to drive 65 on the freeway! Im not sure but can it be a vacuum leak or clogged filter. Almost everything under the hood is new. Replaced: engine, all belts, cap, rotor, starter, spark plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, pvc valve, O2 sensor, oil sending unit, temp sending unit and the timing is right on the money. Are there any other air filters, besides the main one. Oh yea its the stock motor to. KA24De.

SINBAD</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
id u check out ur exhaust pipes. Make sure that its not clogged in there.
Secondly, I have the same problem with the dash lights not working. &nbsp;I said F' it, and bought a neon light and put it there so I can see the speedo and tacho at night,and it vibrates to the music, so I must say it does its job and looks kinda nice. &nbsp;If you would consider that method, U can go to any auto part store(I bought mine a autozone) and look for the one that connects to the cigarette lighter. &nbsp;Easiest shit ever.