PDA

View Full Version : VLSD wont come off HELP!

KwKouki
05-07-2006, 05:31 PM
One of the main 4 bolts in the back isnt coming off *it just keeps spinning*

And I cant get the side bolts off because I have no calipers or ebrake to engage.

I might just bolt on 2 rear wheels for weight and jigg them off *its like my only option other than dropping the entire rear out*

What do I do about this rear bolt. Could the threads be stripped or what? HELP ME!

Irukandji
05-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Sounds like the studs on the back of the s13 cover got stripped.

if you want to keep the rear wheels from spinning, just put a crow bar in the driveshaft joint so it doesn't move.

If brute force can't get the nut off, use a dremel and cut off the nut on the back of the cover.

DJPimpFlex
05-07-2006, 05:55 PM
put it in gear^ dremel is your best friend.

KwKouki
05-07-2006, 05:57 PM
this is the last thing on the shell. The car is completely stripped.

I got everything else off except for the last rear bolt.

KwKouki
05-07-2006, 05:58 PM
fuck ive lost daylight, ill continue tomorrow.

ONE FUCKING BOLT .......... ONE!

S14DB
05-07-2006, 06:26 PM
is it the grounding bolt?
pics?

Irukandji
05-07-2006, 09:29 PM
if you're stripping the entire car.. don't forget to take off the subframe! those are worth a lot of pennies.

if you take off the subframe.. the diff will be on it.. so wala! two problems solved.

In all seriousness... if you dont' have a dremel, get one... they come in handy. Also, try putting a flat head screw driver on the bottom of the nut that touches the subframe, and push it so that the tip of the screw driver is pushing out on the nut. Then try unbolting the nut while putting pressure on it from behind. If that doesn't work.. just remove the whole damn subframe.

KwKouki
05-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Meh, too much work. And none of the Florida people wanna drive to Key West to pick anything up WAAH WAAH WAAH

S14DB
05-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Meh, too much work. And none of the Florida people wanna drive to Key West to pick anything up WAAH WAAH WAAH
damn right. Miami 3hrs. Miami to KW 5hrs+ depending on traffic....

KwKouki
05-08-2006, 01:35 AM
:wtf: are you driving if MIA to KW is a 5hr drive?

5 hrs would put me in Orlando. MIA is a 3 hr drive.

S14DB
05-08-2006, 01:58 AM
Man, people in the keys don't know how to drive... Slow as hell.

RightWheelDrive
05-08-2006, 02:28 AM
^^ agreed. I drove from Orlando to KW for dinner and back the same night. A speeding ticket came along for the ride back...just because I used the passing lane to pass a car that was driving too slow(how are you suppose to pass a car without going faster than it?). Driving the speed limit back to Orlando sucked. :fawk2: speed traps.

back to topic : same thing happened to me. I also used a screwdriver to push it up while i backed it up. Good Luck.