PDA

View Full Version : New setup...want opinions

KrazyZenki
05-05-2006, 02:48 PM
I have been running a redtop with bolt ons for over a year and now its time for an upgrade. I would just like to get an opinion on what you guys think about the new setup and what you think it will make and if theres any part you think I have over looked. This all is gonna be installed with in the next couple of weeks and should be up and running by the 1st of june. Here goes the list:

waiting to be installed this month:

Custom top mount manifold (equal to full race quality)
GT3071R T3 .63 A/R Vband with 2 3/4 velocity stack
Tial 44mm WG Vband
Custom Vband downpipe with 3inch electric cutout
AEM EMS
GM 3 bar map sensor
HKS SSQV
new silicon couplers all tbolt clamped
GReddy intake manifold
GReddy cams 264 duration/11.5mm lift(intake) 272 duration/11.5 lift(exhaust)
Gredddy valvesprings
GReddy RAS
Cometic HG
ARP head studs
SARD 850cc injectors
stock bottom end
all piping, intake manifold and valvecover powdercoated

already installed:

GReddy VSPL FMIC
GReddy coldpipe
Walbro 255
ACT 6 puck rated @ 515 ft-lbs
Toda chromoly flywheel
Cusco RS 1.5 LSD
Koyo radiator
Permacool 14inck electric fan
Nismo 160 degree thermostat
300ZX calipers powdercoated red
280mm mountain cross slotted and drilled rotors
HAWK HPS brake pads
Stainless steel and teflon coated brake lines
GReddy Profec B but will be using AEM EMS electronic boost controller ran to a switch for hi/lo boost and just use the Profec B for it peak hold feature

I think thats its, I listed the brakes and cooling and drivetrain mods to show im not just focusing on power. My goal is for 430rwhp on pump gas at 20psi and my low boost be set around 12psi. What do you all think any opinions whether or not my goal is realistic or just what ever you think about the setup feel free to comment.

Tex Willer
05-05-2006, 03:35 PM
I think your hp goal is within reach, and that your stock bottom would prefer the low boost setting:)

Tex Willer
05-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Bigger exhaust housing would be good...

KrazyZenki
05-05-2006, 06:58 PM
I think your hp goal is within reach, and that your stock bottom would prefer the low boost setting

Bigger exhaust housing would be good...

I chose the .63 a/r for quick spool. Im more for response then high hp. My car will rarely ever see high boost unless I take it to the drag strip or have a race against someone that Ill actually need that much power to keep up with. Thanks for the comments.