PDA

View Full Version : Tein HE's on a S14 best dampening for cone racing?

DJ_Sunrise
04-27-2006, 05:36 PM
Hey everyone... i have a s14 with S14 notchback sr in my car with Tein He's. i was wondering what dampening you guys would recommend for grip racing. I know they're drift coils, but from what i have heard they hold their own in grip with the proper settings. any recommendations?

-Bart

nrg
04-27-2006, 05:39 PM
you wont know until you try it out on the road course. each run, just make small adjustments. each driver is different, each car is different.

jmauld
04-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Hey everyone... i have a s14 with S14 notchback sr in my car with Tein He's. i was wondering what dampening you guys would recommend for grip racing. I know they're drift coils, but from what i have heard they hold their own in grip with the proper settings. any recommendations?

-Bart

you're going to have to do some testing to find out for your particular setup. A good starting point will be as soft as you can get it without the car bouncing from being underdamped.

A Spec Products
04-27-2006, 06:23 PM
theres really no such thing as a "drift" coilover

thats just marketing

play with tire pressure as well

SpeedMonkeyInc
04-27-2006, 07:19 PM
What ever setting you find most comfortable on the street is pretty close to ideal damping for your car. I found that one or two clicks harder than my street settings where best. A bit softer in the rear if I was having oversteer issues.
Listen to A Spec. Your tire pressure is so important at autox.

chuy
04-27-2006, 08:41 PM
I dont remember what the suggested (sp) setting was on the road but I always set mine 2 clicks above for the front and 2 below and lower the air pressure in the back.