PDA

View Full Version : No Spark!

tims_240
04-26-2006, 06:16 PM
alright, i am having trouble getting spark out of my coil. i have a blaster 2 coil.
i have the green and black wire to negative, and i have the red and black to positive. everytime i crank the motor over and check to see if there is spark coming out of the coil i get nothing.

i have all of the original wires hooked up to the stock coil except the two pos. and neg. coil wires.

I also have another question as to what the other wires going to the stock coil actually do. there is a green and black, a solid black, and a white wire, that plug into the stock coil, and then there is a slide on plug that plugs into the stock coil by itself. what are these all for? do i need them?

My last question is that i noticed there is some type of relay that the green and black, and red and black coil wires split off from.. 4 wires are connected to the relay, a thin orange and red, a thin solid black, and then a thick green and black, and a thick red and black. what does this relay do?

THIS IS A LINK TO SHOW HOW MY WIRING IS CURRENTLY SETUP TO THE T, PLEASE HELP I NEED TO FIX!!

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/11518573067.gif&s=x402

thanks alot guys

-tim

tims_240
04-26-2006, 09:03 PM
i was also checking my wires with a test light and found something very odd.
i put the aligator clip on a good ground and then stuck the needle to the negative terminal of the coil while the wires were hooked up, and the light came on which means that there is 6-12 volts going to it.

tims_240
04-27-2006, 06:23 PM
so i was just working my car today, and tried to check the ecu for any codes, and i found out that i couldnt check the codes, the red light would not come on.
and another thing i found was that when i turn my key in the on position the fuel doesnt pressurize the lines, however when i blip the ignition a little bit i can hear it turn on.

sooooo i tried my buddies ecu (mine is an enthalpy tuned) and his worked fine, i found i had a code 21, which im sure has something to do with the coil not firing, and also the fuel pump pressurized when i had the key in the on position. WTF?

i definitely need some input from anyone anybody that has had maybe even a little bit of the problems i am having please give me some input!

-tim