PDA

View Full Version : Z32 brake lines *hardline*

ESone3
04-24-2006, 12:27 PM
I just completed a 5 lug hub swap along with a Z32 30mm brake swap. I thought I had everything until I got to my brake lines. I bought Earl Z32 SS brakeline, what it didn't come with was the hardline or adapter that goes directly into the caliper. So now I have 2 female ends and i'm not sure how to go about this. I called Nissan to get the part, but some idiot says he doesn't see it on the diagram and says there is no hardline at all. Other then contacting a junkyard, or getting one custom made, can anyone tell me where I can get this piece? I'm at a loss. If someone had a part number for it, i'd greatly appreciate it.

trsilvias13
04-24-2006, 12:45 PM
you can get these at kragen/autozone. I seen them but the hardline is like 1ft long. u only need about 4-5 inches only. you can cut it and get the ends reflared. OR you can twist the line in circles and use the ends, it will just look funny but still functional.

Nintensity
10-07-2010, 10:30 AM
On the topic of Brake Lines, I'm sorry for bumping this thread to the top, but the topic is sort of relevant to my question:

I'm looking into upgrading my rear 240sx S14 brakes into Z32 ones, however, I would have to reinstall the EBrake drum kit.

1. Does that mean that I have to get the Z32 2+2 brake lines?
2. Would SS (Stainless Steel) Braided Brake Lines work as well?
3. Would I require a set of Conversion Brake Lines?

Also, guessing from the picture,

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k141/datboibrad/5e26e872.jpg

4. Would those be referred to a 2-seater cable or a 2+2?

japslapsilvia
10-07-2010, 10:41 AM
On the topic of Brake Lines, I'm sorry for bumping this thread to the top, but the topic is sort of relevant to my question:

I'm looking into upgrading my rear 240sx S14 brakes into Z32 ones, however, I would have to reinstall the EBrake drum kit.

1. Does that mean that I have to get the Z32 2+2 brake lines? Would SS (Stainless Steel) 2. 2. Do Braided Brake Lines work as well?
3. Would I require a set of Conversion Brake Lines?

Also, guessing from the picture,

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k141/datboibrad/5e26e872.jpg

4. Would those be referred to a 2-seater cable or a 2+2?

for s-14 you need r33 ebrake cables. 2+2 if for s-13.

for the brake hose, you can use a SS brake line for s-14 they will have the same fittings.

Nintensity
10-07-2010, 10:59 AM
for s-14 you need r33 ebrake cables. 2+2 if for s-13.

for the brake hose, you can use a SS brake line for s-14 they will have the same fittings.

OHHH for real? Thanks so much fr telling me! I didn't know the they are only for the s13... I'm driving a 97 Kouki, so good thing you told me! I will keep an eye out for the r33 brake lines. If anybody is selling them, please PM me!

97_kouki
10-07-2010, 11:27 AM
OHHH for real? Thanks so much fr telling me! I didn't know the they are only for the s13... I'm driving a 97 Kouki, so good thing you told me! I will keep an eye out for the r33 brake lines. If anybody is selling them, please PM me!

you can buy R33 brake lines brand new off nissan dealer for just under $100! safe you the time of waiting on someone to sell them use, trust me it's alot better...lol i puchase mine in Covina Nissan Dealer...!

Pacman
10-07-2010, 04:09 PM
The hardline portion of the rear calipers are not available from Nissan anymore. You'll have to make one or find a used one. I've checked with the dealer about this, I have one cut. I'm gonna copy the good one I have and remake a new hardlne since I have access to benders and flaring tools.