PDA

View Full Version : Lights

DoriftoPnoy
04-21-2006, 02:15 AM
What is the bulb size that goes in the S14 kouki foglights? And how would I go about wiring the jdm turn signals so that its on whenever my corner lights are on? Also how would I have the jdm turn signals stay on at the same time the corners do but only the jdm turn signals will blink when i signal a turn and not the corners? Hmmm kinda confused my self there.

xtreme_s14
04-21-2006, 02:34 AM
i believe the foglight bulbs are H3.. it should be imprinted somewhere on the actual foglights itself.. and as for the other question.. magic!?

g6civcx
04-21-2006, 03:37 AM
H3. I have never seen a car originally sold in the US with H3C from the factory.

When you unplug your stock turn signals, you will have several connectors. This information can be found in the FSM available from zeroyon.com.

Wire colours
Parking - Red/Blue for both sides
Ground - Black for both sides
Left Signal - Green/Black
Right Signal - Green/Yellow

Light bulbs use direct current. You connect one end to power and the other end to ground. It doesn't matter which side is which. As long as you hook it up to power and ground the light will come on.

I'm not sure if your stock bulb sockets will fit in the JDM unit, but try and see if your US unit will fit. If not, you will need to cut off your US harness and splice it onto your JDM harness.

System Description

Parking - the light switch provides a constant source of power to the designated parking bulbs. Whichever bulb you want to come on with the parking lights ONLY, hook up to Red/Blue and Black.

Turn Signal - the turn signal switch provides intermittent power via the flasher relay. Whichever bulb you want to flash with the left signal, hook up to Green/Black and Black. Whichever you want for the right hook up to Green/Yellow and Black.

Parking/Turn combination - you will need to order the control unit in the link. Get one unit for each corner, for a total of 2 for the front end. The unit takes 3 inputs: parking light, signal, and ground. The unit gives you 2 inputs: power and ground. Hook up the unit to the appropriate wire on each side, and hook the outputs of the unit to those bulbs you want to have this function of staying on for parking, and flashing for turning.

There's a link to installation instructions in the middle of the page.

http://www.customled.com/PRODUCTS/MAGIC_BLINKER/magic_blinker.htm

The control unit turns on the bulb when the parking lights are on, like normal. When you turn on the turn signal, every time the turn signal flashes the unit will make the bulb turn off. This is how the bulb blinks. So you may notice that your front and rear may flash out of synch, but this is necessary to make the parking/combo function work.

To make wiring simple, any time you need to hook a bulb to ground, you can find a good spot of the chassis and use a bolt to hook up ground instead of the Black wire. Ultimately that Black wire goes to a bolt that grounds to the chassis. Connecting it straight to a bolt will reduce the number of splices you have to make.

Good luck. That should have all the info you need.