PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning not working (electrical ?)…..

g81981
04-16-2006, 01:48 PM
I was troubleshooting my A/C system today and came to no conclusion as to what may be wrong. I checked all the fuses and they were not blown. Checked for bad wiring and also found nothing. The heater/fan works perfectly. It’s just that the a/c doesn’t. The A/C button does not light up when it is pressed. The a/c clutch doesn’t engage also. There seems to be no power going to the a/c system. It looks like an electrical issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

g6civcx
04-16-2006, 02:16 PM
Recheck your fuses in both the underdash and underhood fuseboxes. If not make sure the harness is securely plugged into the back of the control unit. Also check to see if the A/C button illumination light bulb is broken.

kabukie
04-16-2006, 04:58 PM
MAke sure your a/c system is charged. If there is no freon in the system then the a/c light will not come on and the clutch will not enage.

g6civcx
04-16-2006, 06:28 PM
MAke sure your a/c system is charged. If there is no freon in the system then the a/c light will not come on and the clutch will not enage.

Are you sure?

VitaminT
04-16-2006, 08:57 PM
I don't know about the light but all a/c systems I have seen have a low pressure switch that keeps the compressor from kicking off if the freon is low as to not burn it up. That is why when you fill the system usually you have to use a paper clip it jumper the plug temporaraly until it is charged.

I would have to look at a wiring diag. to see what all is wired after the low pressure switch.

g81981
04-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Recheck your fuses in both the underdash and underhood fuseboxes. If not make sure the harness is securely plugged into the back of the control unit. Also check to see if the A/C button illumination light bulb is broken.

Yes, I have noticed that the display was not illuminated before hand. I checked the light bulbs and rotated them around and they are now working. Only issue I'm having now is that the a/c light is not on when the button is pressed and the a/c clutch does not kick on.