PDA

View Full Version : Excessive Play in the Front Wheel Bearing

speeddreamz
04-15-2006, 08:27 PM
So, I take my car to get an alignment, mechanic says, front right wheel bearing has excessive play, we cannot do an alingment on your car.

What does that mean exactly? Does that mean my wheel bearing is going bad? its not tightened enough? What do i do to fix it?

WilloW
04-15-2006, 09:47 PM
Have you jacked up your car and try to move your wheel in and out holding the top and the bottom to see if it actually have any play? Do you hear any strange noise lately (like a growling)?Last time when I encountered a bad bearing in the front, I was told to check that way. Assuming that you have an S14, if your bearing is toast then you would have to buy a new hub (applicable to the front). Good luck.

gqxvietboy
04-15-2006, 10:03 PM
either can be 2 things. bad wheel bearings or bad tierod ends.

If you jack up your car and you can move the rim freely side to side possible bad tierod ends. If you can move it back to forth from pushing it on the top and bottom or if it wobbles. Possible Bad bearing. You can also tell a bad bearing if you drive and you hear rotating noises from whichever bearing is going bad.

You cannot align correctly if your wheels have play in them.

srpowereds14
04-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Yeah its your wheel bearing they're like $120 for the hub i bet the other side will go out soon mine went out 2 months later.