PDA

View Full Version : Kaaz LSD Question

Neo-Maikeru
04-15-2006, 08:17 PM
I am still learning a lot about mechanics so excuse me in advance for a stupid question but would it be pointless to get a Kaaz LSD for my car if I have not done a 5-Spd swap yet? I know what an LSD does but I do not know the differences between clutch types etc. and since I have an automatic a clutch type wouldnt be possible I am guessing. I have around $900 right now and plan to swap my engine later when I get more cash which is why I am not swapping the tranny and wanting to get an LSD first. I figure the LSD will still allow me to have some extra fun before I get my tranny and engine.

Ricks15
04-15-2006, 08:22 PM
Get a new 5speed tranny then put the lsd, unless anyone here has done automatic drifting and can voutch for this??

SoSideways
04-15-2006, 08:44 PM
I've witnessed a few people, first hand, do some pretty sweet drifts in their automatic S14s, with open diff nonetheless.

It's all about the e-brake for them. Or if they have better suspension, then they can use vehicle dynamics as well to throw the car into a drift and then control it, but generally, it's easier with a 5-spd car (drifting).