PDA

View Full Version : ViS body kit quality?

Jeff240sx
02-22-2002, 11:11 AM
Ok guys.  I like to do my homework before I spend lotsa $$$ on upgrades.
My insurance sent me a check for $500 for the factory bumper.
I found a Bomex bumper for $499 shipped, after tax.  I kinda wanted to save a little more money to help with the deductible, but anyway...
The shop also said they have a "knockoff" in stock, made by ViS racing.  It was $250 shipped.
Is there that big of a quality difference in Vis stuff?  I have heard nothing but bad things from knockoffs like Erebuni, but not too much about Vis.
So.. what do you guys think?  $499 for a Bomex, or $250 for a Vis?
-Jeff

Yoshi
02-22-2002, 11:21 AM
Here's the breakdown:
Bomex = Real bodykit

VIS=Knockoff bodykits

You really do get what you pay for with body kits... I dunno if the VIS kit you're looking at is FG or Urethane, but for FG, the knockoffs are copies (literally, what happens what you make a copy of a copy of a copy on a xerox machine? same principal). The cheaper companies also don't let the FG set as long before removing it from the mold and it loses a little of it's shape (just enough to make it not want to fit right)

A strut bar is a strut bar, but you get what you pay for with bodykits.

saga240
02-22-2002, 02:37 PM
well the term you get what you pay for comes into the picture here..  VIS makes knock offs of bomex stuff now?.. whoa..  didnt know that

Takumi
02-22-2002, 02:48 PM
Yea, not only Bomex, but also Mugen, Veilside, Feels, Do-Luck, Nismo, Edge, Zeal, C-West, etc.

91CRXsiR
02-22-2002, 07:55 PM
well i dont know about REAL bomes , but VIS racing kits crack like hellllllla easy.. i use to sell em . hahah always had complaints. so unless you are going for trailer bitch look either get coilovers and raise it up or get real high quality kits..

i'd prefer polyurethane