PDA

View Full Version : Turbo boosting 12psi sometimes and 7 othertimes

matt87
04-13-2006, 11:57 AM
It's very random. Some days the car will be incredably fast boosting around 12 psi and then others it will feel sluggish and i look at the boost gauge and its lingering around 5-7psi. Could the wastegate be opening early for some reason? I hope its not the turbo going.....

rotation3x
04-14-2006, 08:07 AM
my car does the same thing my bolt on my waste gate came out and the other one was loose made it open early. and my car would be at like 5-7 and it would go to 10 i dont have a boost controller so it is suppose to go to 7. if you have as mbc it may spike if you get on it does your car sound like a bunch of air being sucked in if so its the waste gate opening early. let me know whats up

matt87
04-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Yep, it has a loud sucking sound right from full throttle. It doesnt have a boost controller but it had one when the previous owner had the car. I will check it out and get back to you. Isnt it supposed to boost to 11 from the factory?

matt87
04-15-2006, 03:27 AM
Should the wastegate be able to be moved by hand easily while on the car? Mine seems stuck..??? I dont see any problems other than that, and that some couplers are getting old and warn out and need replacing

fliprayzin240sx
04-15-2006, 03:30 AM
7 psi is stock...I wouldnt recommend you stomping it to 12 psi with no fuel management, thats how you blow SRs buddy. Wut turbo are you running? It could be that you have a boost leak into your vacuum line into the wastegate. If you have a leak, its making your wastegate open up fully which is a very baaaad thing.