PDA

View Full Version : INTERNALS...any recommendations

diabolic hippo
06-01-2002, 11:34 AM
if my heads is cracked, i'm gonna tear the motor apart. anyone know of any type of aftermarket heads for the 92 s13's, so far i just have ferrera titanuim springs and retainers and upgraded the vavles, just did the heads 2 months ago now supposingly the cylinder head is cracked cause the dealer misdiagnosed my overheating problem.  i prefer to replace the heads with a aftermarket head, suggestions on pistons and connecting rods? i prefer not to send to block out to a machine shop, would drop in pistons do the beneficial? plan to turbo the ka.

gtfour43
06-01-2002, 01:28 PM
If your gonna have the motor out I would send the block out to be checked as well. They can check for surface straightness while theyre at it. I sent a motor to Teds machine shop in Kalihi once. They do good work and I know the owner from a friend. As far as after market heads I dont know if any are available. I would just stick with the stock one and get a good valve job done to it and make sure its done right. For your pistons and con rods try checking out the issue of SCC and see what that turbo S14 is running.