PDA

View Full Version : possible fix to idle/hesitation problems

rotation3x
04-07-2006, 02:02 PM
hey i had some problems with my car dropping idle then jumpoinjg back to normal after a rev. what i did was took off the mafs wiped the inside with a rag and my filter was filthy so i took the air compressor and blasted it from the out side and inside. it revs up smoothly now and dosnt drop idle. i havnt got a chance to drive it but it was hesitating at low rpms before. ill let you know if it fixed that too. by the way its a s13 blacktop sr20det in a s14
peace

higatsuku
04-07-2006, 04:09 PM
thanks. my s14 idles like hell.

NemeGuero
04-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Just don't use too much pressure. The MAF sensor uses a little wire to measure resistance which it then converts to voltage.. and if you break that wire.. bye bye MAF.

ledzeppelin240
04-07-2006, 06:00 PM
If the air filter is dirty ust replace it, use some intake cleaner to clean the MAFS. Clean the throttle body while your at it. When was the last time it had a tune up?

sittinsideways
04-08-2006, 06:38 AM
my car is doing the same thing. check the vacume lines 2. i'm gunna do that replace the filter, and use some carborator cleaner. lmk if what u did worked.

rotation3x
04-08-2006, 03:40 PM
no didnt fix hesitation but still revs smoother this is my second sr and it dosnt run as good as my first im gonna clean the aiv valve next maybecheck the 02 sensor

SoSideways
04-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Also check your TPS to make sure it's still reading and if it's still functional, that it's reading the right voltages.

speedstar01
04-08-2006, 05:11 PM
interesting, my S13 has the same problem (91, KA24DE engine), after installing an ebay shrot ram intake my car wont hold an idle when its cold :cry: i checked over my vaccum lines and tightened everything down...still no success.... my car even sometimes stumbles a little at low RPMs on acceloration. ive checked sparked plugs , wires, and im sure the last owner had fuel injectors and filter replaced. so the last thing i can try is the MAF? i will try cleaning with some throttle body cleaner, any other suggestions??:-/

mmmmhhmmm i love Zilvia, such a busying metropolis of ideas and solutions! WOOT! :) tankya!! :angel:

meme
04-13-2006, 12:50 AM
i'm in the same boat. just finished my turbo ka24de. and when i start the car cold and drive it will hesitate @ low rpms. once warmed up it gets better.
this didn't happen before the turbo kit.

jdm_s14_zenki
04-26-2006, 03:57 PM
bump, almost same problem. at cold start when the car is warming up, my engine will stumble every 7 seconds or so. no vac leaks, that i know of, my guage reads good vacuum, when it warms up it doesnt do it anymore. but when i warm start the car, the car wants to die at first then i rev it up a lttle then it smooths out. i heard it could be the coolant temp sensor and harness? opinions?

meme
04-26-2006, 08:44 PM
i found that the filter adaptor that i got was covering the hot wire and could not cool the air. once i removed the filter problem was gone. i just redrilled the holes so that the adaptor does not cover the hot wire hole.

mikesim
04-27-2006, 12:45 PM
i have the same stumble problem when cold, and dropping idle at startup. i'm convinced it's what the MAF reads.

when the car was stock, one of the vacuum lines was T-ed from the wastegate actuator to the intake return. now, it's not. there's a separate line going to it, but i think it was a leak or crushed hardline. when i ran a new vacuum hose to it, the car idles fine and actually revs much better now.

jdm_s14_zenki
04-27-2006, 01:37 PM
i have the same stumble problem when cold, and dropping idle at startup. i'm convinced it's what the MAF reads.

when the car was stock, one of the vacuum lines was T-ed from the wastegate actuator to the intake return. now, it's not. there's a separate line going to it, but i think it was a leak or crushed hardline. when i ran a new vacuum hose to it, the car idles fine and actually revs much better now.
pics? are you talking about that small vacuum nipple on the intake tube behind the mafs? mine is plugged off..

rotation3x
05-11-2006, 01:21 PM
timing was retarted a bit good now sounds like it mises a little but it helped hesitation a bunch