PDA

View Full Version : upstate silvia inspection=rejection

ny-s14blacktop
04-04-2006, 01:48 PM
I need help from anyone from the upstate new york area please! I am having some pain in the ass difficulty getting my 96 nissan 240sx with the s14 silvia swap pased the inspection b/c every car from 96 up has a obd II port in the car however when you swap the s14 engine that is made in japan exclusively you get no ready and no reading = no inspection I need to know if anyone knows a way around this or if I go downstate to a westchester or city county where they do not plug the diagnostics in they only put the sniffer in the tail pipe will it pass? Or if i get the wiring diagram and I wire my cars computer to the obdII port , can you do that or no so I dont have the problem every year. Somebody out there please help me I been getting jerked around for a week now

aznpoopy
04-04-2006, 02:44 PM
you took a sr20det to the inspection station? you're lucky you're not outwest or the car would be in impound right now.

sr20det should never pass visual inspection to begin with. you're lucky the dude didn't know wtf he was looking at.

DaPCWiz
04-04-2006, 02:50 PM
wow yeah... i'm with azn there.... but then again does NY have inspection stations? I don't think they do like jersey does... u just gotta do it at a liscenced shop right?

AkinaSpeed
04-04-2006, 03:15 PM
wow yeah... i'm with azn there.... but then again does NY have inspection stations? I don't think they do like jersey does... u just gotta do it at a liscenced shop right?
you go to a licensed shop that does inspections. Its like $40. which this dude just wasted, because you pay either pass or fail. They let you do it again for a reduced rate if you bring the paper that says you failed from the shop that initially failed you.
Gotta love OBDII :bs:

chibo
04-04-2006, 03:23 PM
There are OBDII simulators if you look around...

mifesto
05-04-2008, 08:50 PM
sorry i have never heard of an ODB2 simulator. just an o2 sensor simulator. anyone know of one?

blueshark123
05-04-2008, 09:17 PM
nice 2 year bump

JohnD1079
05-05-2008, 03:25 PM
LOL, but what the hell, im gonna bump this as well bc i dont know what a obd2 simulator is.

obsolete
03-27-2009, 06:58 AM
well since it's bumped, how do you pass inspection? I'm in jersey and wondering if the tailpipe test will pass emissions with just a cat converter. They weren't able to get a connection to the OBDII

JohnnyDrfiter22
03-27-2009, 07:15 AM
obsolete are you asking for yourself cuz im in NJ and i can help you....But for the first question, NY is getting harder and harder they want it to be like California.

obsolete
03-27-2009, 07:21 AM
lol it's for a "friend"

98s14inaz
03-27-2009, 07:40 AM
I need help from anyone from the upstate new york area please! I am having some pain in the ass difficulty getting my 96 nissan 240sx with the s14 silvia swap pased the inspection b/c every car from 96 up has a obd II port in the car however when you swap the s14 engine that is made in japan exclusively you get no ready and no reading = no inspection I need to know if anyone knows a way around this or if I go downstate to a westchester or city county where they do not plug the diagnostics in they only put the sniffer in the tail pipe will it pass? Or if i get the wiring diagram and I wire my cars computer to the obdII port , can you do that or no so I dont have the problem every year. Somebody out there please help me I been getting jerked around for a week now

You didn't search before you did the swap did you? :keke: If you did you would have seen 1000's of threads about why a JDM engine will not pass emissions in an obdII car in most states. There are rare places that have no emissions but it is getting harder and harder to find them. Good luck.

projectRDM
03-27-2009, 08:57 AM
well since it's bumped, how do you pass inspection? I'm in jersey and wondering if the tailpipe test will pass emissions with just a cat converter. They weren't able to get a connection to the OBDII

They don't sniff an OBD-II car, plug in only. Either you pay someone a lot of money to look the other way, or you fail the test.

Welcome to 1996 all over again when we first discussed all this shit.

japslapsilvia
03-27-2009, 09:26 AM
You didn't search before you did the swap did you? :keke: If you did you would have seen 1000's of threads about why a JDM engine will not pass emissions in an obdII car in most states. There are rare places that have no emissions but it is getting harder and harder to find them. Good luck.

and u didnt read that this is from 06 :keke:

cotbu
03-27-2009, 10:24 AM
I offer a service, that has been proven to work at least twice. It is not cheap $1000 plus labor. If you want to hear about it's gonna cost you. otherwise good luck.

PS you must be able to beat the visual inspection on your own.