PDA

View Full Version : sohc to s14 dohc question

undesiredshoe
04-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Im going to be getting my friends s14 dohc motor pretty soon. Im thinking that its obd1, but im not sure. I read the sohc to dohc swap thread and he says i should use an obd1. Ok, for the question, what s13 parts do i need? He lists the:

engine and body harness
dohc power steering lines
dohc throttle cable
s13 distributor
s13 coil
s13 maf
and then he says "others"

i was wondering what the others would be? Would i use my old sohc ecu or the dohc ecu? thanks for reading this

mrmephistopheles
04-03-2006, 10:51 PM
S13 DE ecu, S13DE MAF, S13 DE exhaust manifold (unless you're wanting to utilize your S14's downpipe).
Your best bet is to raid a junkyard and scoop up every engine accessory from an S13 DE car.. airbox, intake piping, etc etc.
It doesn't matter if it's OBDI or II, but you'll want to get an OBDI intake manifold (S13 OR S14) to run it with your S13 DE ecu and harness.
SOHC ecu will NOT work with ANY DOHC motor without retuning (if at all).

undesiredshoe
04-10-2006, 03:26 PM
OBDII Intake manifold? I thought I needed the OBDI lower plenum?
And would i need to use the s13 distributor or will the s14 one work?
Sorry for asking to many questions.

mrmephistopheles
04-10-2006, 03:56 PM
OBDII Intake manifold? I thought I needed the OBDI lower plenum?
And would i need to use the s13 distributor or will the s14 one work?
Sorry for asking to many questions.

Thanks for catching my typo, I fixed it now.
You'd def. need to use the s13 distributor and external coil as S14s use an internal-coil distributor. The lower portion with all the sensors is what needs to be OBDI. If you want to use an OBDII upper portion to delete the secondary butterflies, you can.

undesiredshoe
04-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Gotcha, awesome info man...props to you

(edit)Hey, I read on this site

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Nissan_240SX_Performance_Modification/Engine_Swaps/KA24E_to_KA24DE

and it says that the heater core hoses for the s14 motors are different and that s13 lines dont line up with the s14 motor. It also states that the s13 p/s lines wont work the s14 motor. Its wikibooks so anyone couldve wrote it but I was wondering if this was true or not.