PDA

View Full Version : E11 harness

g6civcx
04-03-2006, 09:07 AM
I found a little oddity when redoing my KA engine harness to mate with the SR harness. Others have described it below:

I and several others have at least one 4 wire plug (blue /red stripe, blue / yellow or green stripe, blue / white stripe, black) that is on the SR harness that has nothing to plug into up by the battery. Also there is a 2 wire (blue / white stripe, black) dirty plug with no mate. I think both plugs are probably for the automatic transmission. On the KA, I have one 4 wire (red / blue stripe, yellow / blue stripe, brown, black - identified in the FSM as E11) plug with no mate, I'm not sure if this was ever plugged into anything and it may also be for the auto trans.

I tracked down this E11 harness and it goes to the power steering sensor and neutral switch. It supposedly plugs into the E201 plug. The FSM doesn't do a very good job describing this connection. It's labeled as auto in the KA24DE FSM and no distinction in the KA24E FSM.

I think I will isolate and remove this plug since it has no mate on the SR harness. Please comment if you have any more information on this.