PDA

View Full Version : Power loss and exhaust rattle

LukeDogg316
03-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Lately I noticed my car seemed to have less power, If I try gun in first I the car will boost fine according to the boost gauge and boost controller but it seems to lag, ( I have my foot on the floor until like 3.5K- 4k. The Turbo is an s14 T28. It lauched funny in 1st gear, I think, cause I get response from the clutch right away from the reverse and also it's sometimes hard to get in second gear.

Other than that I noticed lately there is an annoying ratttle I have coming from the exhaust, i hear until the car and from the muffler. around de-accerelaration around 3k. and tapping the gas pedal lightly at 5k.

Any ideas about any off these problems, thanks

koukidough
03-31-2006, 08:14 PM
have you checked your turbo for any play?

LukeDogg316
03-31-2006, 08:20 PM
That's one thing I haven't checked yet, though

The Down pipe is bolted nice and tight to the turbo. The exhaust hangers are good. The noise gets really fast and loud now, if I get to around 6k when boosting up and then de-acceleraion. I am thinking could it be the cat internals, are loose or worse Turbo shaft play

hitman
03-31-2006, 09:10 PM
i think its cause drift tech did your swap/

Blues13
04-01-2006, 05:56 AM
check your manifold to turbo gasket.. that could have gone out. You would have noticeable loss in power and exhaust noise would be much louder.

NIK90s13
04-01-2006, 06:25 AM
It could be a bad clutch, or it may be going out, Is it slipping? Do you smell anything when you acclerate? That could be your loss of power and shifting prob.
But I dont dissagree with the turbo either. I would check it first, That is an easy check. As far as the exaust rattle, like the others said, I'd check the gaskets, hangers, heat shields, ect. Good luck