PDA

View Full Version : Starter Issue

KFLS14
03-26-2006, 10:13 PM
I just finished my auto-5speed swap for the most part. Wiring soon to be finished but the car should be fine.

Issues
1- The starter makes a metal pinging sound, like bad brake pads wear indicators for about 1.5seconds. Car starts fine 5/5
(Its a auto starter still if that makes a difference, friend's car is fine using auto starter auto to manual swap as well.)

Searched around saw posts about the starter possibly grounding out, due to metal above it. Bent that out of the way so it doesn't touch sounds a tad better but still noise is present.
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=95170

2-I wired the car up retaining auto ecu. Wired the starting circuit top connector next to fuse box. So car starts etc.
But when I put it into gear, and slowly release the clutch, it goes into gear but no gas pedal is needed. As in the car will not stall out. I found that if I step on brakes and hold it down the car will act like it should without.

Issue with starter??Going to remove starter and reinstall maybe not lined up after all.starter staying engaged?
Setup is Ka engine, Rps Max Street, Jun Flywheel, all properly installed loctite on flywheel etc. Clutch engages when given gas wheels turn etc. I don't want to clear everything up before driving it. Tested the car for 1-3mins max, checking starter clearance,checking flywheel teeth.

I'm starting to get slightly annoyed with it but keeping my patience. I do have the manual ecu I will be installing to have the cel go away.

AkinaSpeed
04-11-2006, 11:46 PM
I think you did something wrong, I guess my test car ended up better in some way, J/K, :D

2iv0 sx
04-12-2006, 01:06 AM
i got use to that noise.. haha