PDA

View Full Version : how to fix maf?

95vr6man
03-17-2006, 11:36 AM
ok i just finished my ka-t install and am useing a hacked maf and matched 370cc injectors but when hacking my maf i accidently cut into it:eek: so im pretty sure i screwed it up really good. it broke the the little metal piece on the side of the maf right in the center and i was wondering if there is anyway i could solder or do something else to make this maf work again. i used a picture i found and changed it some so that you can see exactly which piece broke.

http://www.pbhs2005.com/hacked_MAFbroke.JPG

i started the car up and it ran but VERY VERY VERY VERY rich (due to no compensation for 370cc injectors) but i could plug and unplug the maf and there would be no change at all in the way it ran. i really need to get this car running again. thanks!

punxva
03-17-2006, 12:45 PM
i got a z32 maf with pigtail if u wanna buy it...

95vr6man
03-17-2006, 04:32 PM
i got a z32 maf with pigtail if u wanna buy it...

thanks but i want to use my hacked maf setup sorry. can anybody help me with this? i have an appointment at the dyno place tomorrow morning and would like to have my car ready. when i hook it up the center wire glows with the key in the "ON" position and doesnt seem to affected by the broken peice if that helps diagnose the problem at all. thanks!

neverlift
03-25-2006, 09:03 AM
on a 90' maf sidnal is sent through that broke piec, but I dont recognize your maf